Home

Created Players in the PS5 era

This is a discussion on Created Players in the PS5 era within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2021, 07:13 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Created Players in the PS5 era

Also add as a hair style short wavy hair.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-21-2021, 08:35 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 21

Why are the coaches not editable? I mean, the Yankee pitching coach has a beard for crying out loud! LOL. No beards allowed on Yanks. Give us the editing for ALL participants in the game...players, manager, coaches, etc. Not to mention the ballboy who has a beard and looks about 30.

C
Old 02-21-2021, 09:02 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 5

Managers and coaches ought to be editable. Then it would be possible to create the correct manager for an historic roster.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2021, 02:23 PM   #12
Prince of Plakata

Jolly Roger's Arena

OVR: 0

Oh, I wanted to add...

Another option would be for the devs to implement a system where you can upload face photos and the game will map them onto the CAP. This technology has been around since at least the PS3 era from what I remember, and I'm sure it's undergone much refinement since then.

Here's an example from the AO Tennis subforum where forum member RetroDee4Three used the game's face upload program to make Rafa Nadal. AO Tennis is developed by Big Ant, which is a smaller studio than SCEA.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Last edited by Jolly Roger; 02-23-2021 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-23-2021, 04:39 PM   #13
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

There is NOTHING wrong with SDS created player.. people on here have made the players look awesome and it gives you so many options.. wanna look at a garbage CAP?? it's called madden where they give you 4 face options for 1 skin and some are the same faces we have seen for 10 years and some even are doubles, that is the biggest pathetic joke of a CAP system I have ever seen

MLB the show can take a hour to create a player. I just wish we could edit age weight and height for all players
Old 02-23-2021, 08:44 PM   #14
Prince of Plakata

Jolly Roger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
There is NOTHING wrong with SDS created player.. people on here have made the players look awesome and it gives you so many options.. wanna look at a garbage CAP?? it's called madden where they give you 4 face options for 1 skin and some are the same faces we have seen for 10 years and some even are doubles, that is the biggest pathetic joke of a CAP system I have ever seen

MLB the show can take a hour to create a player. I just wish we could edit age weight and height for all players
Yeah, but the entire game of Madden is a joke, so their CAPs being weak is the least of their problems (plus the players wear helmets all game anyway). I'm not saying The Show CAPs are terrible or that you can't make them resemble real players, it's just that you can very clearly tell the difference between CAPs and scanned players. That gulf could be narrowed massively with future improvements.
Old 02-23-2021, 09:04 PM   #15
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger
Yeah, but the entire game of Madden is a joke, so their CAPs being weak is the least of their problems (plus the players wear helmets all game anyway). I'm not saying The Show CAPs are terrible or that you can't make them resemble real players, it's just that you can very clearly tell the difference between CAPs and scanned players. That gulf could be narrowed massively with future improvements.
MLB players are wearing caps and helmets as well though lol we get all those hairstyle options and some we can't even see unless we get a animation of someone on the bench
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2021, 01:25 PM   #16
MVP

Scooter3's Arena

OVR: 15

I put in a lot after work this year on my created players I guess these guys are going to have to be put on mothballs.
20210225_110541.jpeg20210225_110322.jpeg20210225_105544.jpeg20210225_105614.jpeg20210225_105516.jpeg20210225_105652.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Mark Twain:
" Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

U.S. Army Veteran

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »