Home

The Future of Franchise Mode in MLB The Show 21 and Beyond

This is a discussion on The Future of Franchise Mode in MLB The Show 21 and Beyond within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2021, 03:58 PM   #185
Rookie

esmeet7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Future of Franchise Mode in MLB The Show 21 and Beyond

I think the best addition SDS could make to MLB The Show would be to add an "Expansion Franchise Mode" where a new team is introduced to the MLB with a realistic expansion draft, new logos and uniforms, new team in a new city, new stadium design, and a deep GM mode to build a competitive team from scratch.

An Expansion Mode would uniquely appeal to gamers who like Franchise, DD, and even RTTS. (Imagine bringing in your RTTS player to be the first-ever legend for your expansion team.)

For me, I know I'd spend nearly all my time playing Expansion Mode if it were available. With stadium creator, logo vault, and the ability to move a team from one city to another, it seems like the pieces are all in place to allow for an Expansion Mode.

I really hope we see that soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2021, 05:56 PM   #186
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

With custom draft classes I wouldn't need years on years of real life 2029 HS Grads getting recreated to draft but I do want to cut down on the monsters the generic draft classes create with the most random facial hair, equipment and names imaginable.

I feel I go through after each draft and write down who was drafted and their position, then in the offseason I edit them to make them somewhat presentable for when they make it to the bigs.

It's a pain.

Custom draft classes could content creators to make fully fictional classes that the whole community could use and discuss on how each prospect faired in their specific franchise which would be really fun.
Old 03-09-2021, 06:16 PM   #187
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
With custom draft classes I wouldn't need years on years of real life 2029 HS Grads getting recreated to draft but I do want to cut down on the monsters the generic draft classes create with the most random facial hair, equipment and names imaginable.

I feel I go through after each draft and write down who was drafted and their position, then in the offseason I edit them to make them somewhat presentable for when they make it to the bigs.

It's a pain.

Custom draft classes could content creators to make fully fictional classes that the whole community could use and discuss on how each prospect faired in their specific franchise which would be really fun.

Long long overdue!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-09-2021, 07:14 PM   #188
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
MOVE THOSE CHAINS (You don't like seeing that after EVERY first down? LOL)

I do miss the lineup and defensive alignments automatically appearing as part of the presentation; like others, I often forget to press L2 to trigger the scene to play out.
I’d hope the lineups becomes a presentation setting in 21, no reason why you should have to press L2 every damn game.
Old 03-09-2021, 07:16 PM   #189
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Franchise mode on The Show has definitely held up for me. It does take some work (30 team control) to get the most out of it. But it is long over due for some TLC we all agree on that.

There have been more updates since the Radio Show though.

Player Quirks

Player Morale

In-Season Contract Extensions

Three (now just two....still ticks me off the third theme was removed) presentation themes

Lot’s of quality of life improvements for Sounds of the Show which is a major franchise feature BTW. Really cranks up the immersion factor.

Expanded Statistics (sabermetric stats came in....I think on 16 or 17?)

They finally did some under the hood logic tuning to the CPU on MLB 20 when running a fantasy draft. They draft a lot better now and fill up the position players properly.

So there have been small incremental updates.

The one I did not like though was the new UI with Phases which was introduced on MLB 18. It took away the daily recap screen which was awesome to scroll through while listening to the Radio Show. Lot’s of information right there in that one screen. Gone. Huge design decision FAIL.

But yeah.....we have talked about plenty in this thread that we would all like to see done.

I expect absolutely none of it on 21 BTW. Nothing on our lists. I think that is very unwise hope. It typically takes 2-3 cycles to see real improvement in any manner. From gameplay to franchise updates. Been this way every console generation.

However they committed probably all of their real resources to Build A Stadium which looks like it will be impressive for PS5. So those folks who wanted that should be thrilled. Also there looks like there will be some new depth chart screens and updated player intros.....wonder what the will look like.

I pray they did not go in the Madden direction in that regard (player intros). Please....no. The presentation on Madden 21 blows.....like really sucks. They even took out player intros on Madden 21 (miffed) and went away from a TV style presentation package to something you would see in a Fortnite game. Seriously crap. Shame too. Because I really love playing the game itself this year (Madden 21).
Good points.
Old 03-10-2021, 09:11 AM   #190
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
I’d hope the lineups becomes a presentation setting in 21, no reason why you should have to press L2 every damn game.
On the flip side, I will give credit for adding the L2 button press to trigger a HR replay when playing in Fast Presentation. That was a nice addition.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »