Home

Last year the catcher throws back to the pitcher?

This is a discussion on Last year the catcher throws back to the pitcher? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2021, 01:34 PM   #25
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Last year the catcher throws back to the pitcher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokines3
Out of curiosity, what really is stopping anyone? It's unlikely most people use their PSN name here, and the devs don't come over here anymore because they might get challenged by people who helped build the brand and want a competent franchise mode...

Why the white knighting for SDS?

The devs do come here but rarely interact because well, some people struggle to hold civil and mature conversations.

And what is stopping people is the fact that they honor their agreement and request from SDS to not share information outside the designated forums.

It’s not white knighting, it’s being respectful.

A character trait that is unfortunately becoming less and less common these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2021, 04:29 PM   #26
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Out of curiosity, what really is stopping anyone? It's unlikely most people use their PSN name here, and the devs don't come over here anymore because they might get challenged by people who helped build the brand and want a competent franchise mode...

Why the white knighting for SDS?
A few things.

First and foremost.....I am a gentleman. Unlike some other around here without naming any names.

Second. I value the relationships I have developed with of the developers of MLB The Show. Very cool guys, who communicate and value feedback.

Third. I value my standing in this community. And if I break my gentleman's agreement with SDS by blabbering my mouth here about my finding's on the tech test I will surely be banned from Operation Sports.

4th get off your high horse calling me a white night. I have been highly critical in a constructive manner about this game over the years. I call it like I see it. Grow up man.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 02-27-2021, 05:04 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

I think the thing that bothers me is the ''almost threw it back'' animation & cuts off right before release.
I'd rather see, if they don't want a full catcher to pitcher animation, maybe cut away sooner to the fans in the stands brief animation or a zoom in look at the batter, or into one of the dugouts. otherwise to steal a line from Van Halen, ''go on, finish whay ya started''.
if that throwback animation triggers, don't leave me hanging. that's like ending a game of tic-tac-toe right before you're fixing to win

A Work in Progress
Old 02-27-2021, 05:46 PM   #28
Pro

IndianSummer's Arena

Integrity: doing the right thing even when nobody is watching you.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:24 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
You are not going to get an answer on that. We can’t discuss anything about the Tech Test on any public forum. Why even wonder out loud about that?

Fishing?

If anybody not in the tech test wants to get inside information, all they need to do is just read some of the posts on the official forum. Some of those people aren’t comprehending the ‘don’t post about the game outside the private forum’ rule. It’s hilarious.

Old 02-27-2021, 09:39 PM   #30
Rookie

smokines3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
A few things.

First and foremost.....I am a gentleman. Unlike some other around here without naming any names.

Second. I value the relationships I have developed with of the developers of MLB The Show. Very cool guys, who communicate and value feedback.

Third. I value my standing in this community. And if I break my gentleman's agreement with SDS by blabbering my mouth here about my finding's on the tech test I will surely be banned from Operation Sports.

4th get off your high horse calling me a white night. I have been highly critical in a constructive manner about this game over the years. I call it like I see it. Grow up man.
I called it like I saw it. Your sanctimonious scolding of the other poster for "fishing" as you saw it... Like it's an NSA secret.
And for those preaching about integrity LOL, grow up. We aren't talking about finding an old lady's SSI in an envelope on the street...We're talking about a multi-million dollar franchise that seems to hold little interest in anything that doesn't involve micro-transactions.

Ostensibly, it would be a harmless leak. There is literally no competition for this game. Absolutely none. Zero. And people wonder why we don't get meaningful franchise improvements...
Old 02-27-2021, 09:51 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballguy99
I can’t stand the hr camera, anyone know if it’s back for 21?
I wouldn't count on ever seeing that option brought back. Ppl have been asking about that since 2013, the last year to have that, and SDS has never responded or made any mention of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger
What exactly is this home run camera you all hate? It's not that sudden change to a camera view behind the batter the instant you make contact, is it? Because that is awesome, one of my favorite parts of the game.
One of the reasons why me and some other ppl dislike the batter HR reaction cam is because the somewhat unrealistic TV presentation, and it takes away the focus of the home run itself. At times, you can't even see where the ball lands. During real MLB broadcasts, the camera is usually focused on where the ball lands first, then it shifts to the batter. Or in some rare cases, they'll show the bat flip but immediately focus on the home run ball before it lands.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2021, 10:42 PM   #32
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

Quote:
I called it like I saw it. Your sanctimonious scolding of the other poster for "fishing" as you saw it... Like it's an NSA secret.
And for those preaching about integrity LOL, grow up. We aren't talking about finding an old lady's SSI in an envelope on the street...We're talking about a multi-million dollar franchise that seems to hold little interest in anything that doesn't involve micro-transactions.

Ostensibly, it would be a harmless leak. There is literally no competition for this game. Absolutely none. Zero. And people wonder why we don't get meaningful franchise improvements...
It really doesn’t matter if you or I think it’s harmless, people still aren’t supposed to discuss it wherever. That’s what SDS decided. I don’t think any moderators have mentioned this yet, but until one of them says otherwise I’d assume they would do their part enforcing it here for SDS by banning people from here if they decide to ignore it, I mean why would SDS and the devs want anything to do going forwards with a site/platform that lets or encourages users to break their rules.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »