Home

Old 03-13-2021, 08:10 PM   #1
Pro

Nomah5's Arena

OVR: 7
Ps5 exclusivity

Interesting the show web site shows Ps5 exclusive features. I have a Ps5 and series X and wanted to choose one console now not it’s a no brainer. Makes me think they are leaving out features from Xbox.

PS5 SPECIFIC FEATURES:
New Intro Presentations
Smooth 60 FPS Gameplay
Immersive 3D Audio
More Detailed Stadiums and Environments
Game-Changing Haptic Feedback
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2021, 08:53 PM   #2
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Ps5 exclusivity

Considering the two sections on that part of the page are “PS5 SPECIFIC FEATURES” and “OTHER FEATURES (ACROSS PS4 AND PS5)”, it’s probably more likely that they’re comparing last gen vs next gen, not PS vs XBox.
Old 03-13-2021, 08:57 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Haptic feedback will be the only feature that is exclusive because of the controller. The Series X/S will have everything else.
Old 03-14-2021, 09:03 PM   #4
Rookie

Heck, I don't even know what "haptic" means. Is that like "The grass is always greener over the haptic tank?"
Old 03-14-2021, 09:11 PM   #5
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzbee
Heck, I don't even know what "haptic" means. Is that like "The grass is always greener over the haptic tank?"
Septic?

I don't own a PS5 nor have I played one, but it's more focused controller responses. Vibrations from previous controllers were centralized and could only do one of just a few intensities. This can provide more dynamic location, intensity, and even different kinds of texture to everything.

But the biggest thing is the force feedback provided by the L2/R2 triggers. You can now get resistance based on certain coded elements in the game? Maybe a driving game gives a bit of that proper feel to the throttle and brake pedals, etc. I don't personally know whether or not the analog sticks have haptic feedback as well.

I'm probably not explaining this all very well since I don't use any of this, nor would I know how this might be used in The Show either. All I know is I tend to turn off vibration since baseball games historically use vibration to tell you if you're reaching the border of the strike zone while pitching, haha.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2021, 08:48 AM   #6
Rookie

GridironGreat's Arena

In my experience the haptic feedback is more of a single player thing to add immersion, in multiplayer games, having the triggers add resistance just puts you at a disadvantage. I turn it all off in the settings.
Old 03-15-2021, 02:36 PM   #7
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Brownstone
Haptic feedback will be the only feature that is exclusive because of the controller. The Series X/S will have everything else.
I doubt the Xbox version will have the 3D audio either. Sony uses its own system for 3D audio, and Xbox uses either Dolby Atmos or DTS X. I have the Series X version preordered and I’ll be pleasantly surprised if it has 3D audio, but I’m not expecting it.
Old 03-15-2021, 10:12 PM   #8
Rookie

Isn't that 3D spatial sound basically the Xbox version of 3D audio?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »