Home

MLB The Show 21 Hitting and Pitching Extended Q&A - Fielding Feature Premiere Tomorrow

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Hitting and Pitching Extended Q&A - Fielding Feature Premiere Tomorrow within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2021, 07:57 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
MLB The Show 21 Hitting and Pitching Extended Q&A - Fielding Feature Premiere Tomorrow

The gameplay development team for MLB The Show 21 answered some community questions regarding hitting and...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2021, 05:27 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 21 Hitting and Pitching Extended Q&A - Fielding Feature Premiere Tom

Not sure how I feel about that last one; kind of takes some of the skill out of baserunning if L1/R1 helps score runs

I really hope this year they have finally fixed the player rounding bases changing their button in classic baserunning.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 03-18-2021, 08:07 AM   #3
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB The Show 21 Hitting and Pitching Extended Q&A - Fielding Feature Premiere Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Ted_is_back
Not sure how I feel about that last one; kind of takes some of the skill out of baserunning if L1/R1 helps score runs

I really hope this year they have finally fixed the player rounding bases changing their button in classic baserunning.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

I like it, it was unnecessary difficult.
Same like they did a few years back when you had a runner tagging on 3rd on a flyball and the runner from first was halfway between 1st and 2nd. First you had to retreat the runner to 1st and send the runner on 3rd and after the change you only had to press R1 after the ball was caught to send the runner from 3rd and the runner between 1st and 2nd wpuld retreat by itself.
Old 03-18-2021, 08:13 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

I like the baserunning improvement. Before, I just had to keep the batter heading to second for a sure out to insure that the other runner scored.

Hopefully they will also fix the situation where baserunners fail to run, or worse run backwards, on base hits or balls hit with two outs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-18-2021, 10:00 AM   #5
#ITFDB

sbmnky's Arena

OVR: 14

Where do we see a player's hit tendencies on his card in game?

And, it sounds like high discipline still helps with checked swings so we should feel a difference between low and high disciplined cards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2021, 11:27 AM   #6
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbmnky
Where do we see a player's hit tendencies on his card in game?

And, it sounds like high discipline still helps with checked swings so we should feel a difference between low and high disciplined cards.
I assume they are referring to hot zones and it will tell you pull, push, balanced, or extreme push or pull.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 03-18-2021, 12:38 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karle
I like the baserunning improvement. Before, I just had to keep the batter heading to second for a sure out to insure that the other runner scored.

Hopefully they will also fix the situation where baserunners fail to run, or worse run backwards, on base hits or balls hit with two outs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
I like it too, another problem situation is when you have a hit and run or a steal on, and the batter makes contact. Sometimes the runner heading for 2nd stops or starts heading back to first.
Old 03-22-2021, 05:04 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

Do pitchers still have a slow arm speed but throw 100mph fbs?

Will they fix the bug where off speed pitches velocity decreases over time? People complain about 2k copy and pasting their game but so much of the shows gameplay is left untouched

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »