Home

MLB The Show 21 Screenshots From the Latest Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Screenshots From the Latest Gameplay Trailer within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2021, 04:36 PM   #25
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: MLB The Show 21 Screenshots From the Latest Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syce
was Levi's a sponsor in '20? thats new then, in the mookie betts images. Levi's on the wall.
Where do you see the Levi's, which stadium?

Also I'll be interested if we get many new adverts this year. Last year, it was fun looking to see some of the new real adverts added (Chick-fil-a, Coke bottle in SF etc.).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2021, 05:38 PM   #26
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Where do you see the Levi's, which stadium?

Also I'll be interested if we get many new adverts this year. Last year, it was fun looking to see some of the new real adverts added (Chick-fil-a, Coke bottle in SF etc.).

Gameplay trailer

Oracle Park

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-23-2021, 05:53 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
It’s a lose lose for SDS in either case. People also need to stop comparing it to NBA lol. 2K is a hell of a lot bigger and has a lot more money for resources.
I wish people stop comparing NBA 2K to MLB the Show graphically. 1. It has nothing to do with resources. 2. Small arenas always indoors, pretty much the same focus on lighting and less tha 20,000 fans to account for and many more...

MLB THE SHOW, has to consider outside, weather, day time, night time, rain, sun position large stadium with up to 50,000 fans, different dimension types in said stadium.

The things that Madden and MLB The Show have to do graphically are on a different level when compared to NBA 2k. Hell I didn't even touch on grass, and how the it should look and behave.

Graphic Budgets are on a different level.

Last edited by Impetuous65; 03-23-2021 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-23-2021, 06:34 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smith
well game looks great on my console
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

Broadcast cam while pitching looks phenomenal. Just look at that clean screen.
A) those Dodger uni's still the wrong shade of blue
B) the grass looked better in Pong. don't know why this developer had such problems
C) the dirt isn't dirty enough
D)and that scorebug? ugh. where's the pitch count total? what is this, 1984?
Old 03-23-2021, 06:42 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Do we know this for sure? Equipment is something that is probably part of finishing touches. We didn't see Nike catchers gear in the tech test so I guess we'll see.

And as far as the graphics go, if you played the tech test, you would see how much they improved on just the PS4. When you are sitting in front of your TV playing the PS5 or Series X version in 4K HDR if your TV is good enough for true HDR, I think people will be blown away.

And to the person who said the animations look jerky, you sure you aren't watching RBI baseball?
The animations do struggle to blend together at times. It's not the worst I've seen, but it is noticeable to me personally. However, I also have a sensitive eye to that kind of stuff and can see inconsistencies that take place over less than a tenth of a second, which is a blessing and a curse. Something weird with having poor overall vision leading to me being more sensitive to that stuff. I don't get, I just know what my eyes do.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 03-23-2021, 06:53 PM   #30
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Ohtani picture?? wonder if they screw up his two way player thing for a 4th straight year now. they might get him right one year.. they had it almost right this year and decided to take away his pitching making him impossible to be a two way.
Old 03-23-2021, 07:06 PM   #31
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
Ohtani picture?? wonder if they screw up his two way player thing for a 4th straight year now. they might get him right one year.. they had it almost right this year and decided to take away his pitching making him impossible to be a two way.
Hasn't it been confirmed there are two way players this year? I don't know why you would come to the conclusion there isn't by just a screen of Ohtani batting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2021, 07:17 PM   #32
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Hasn't it been confirmed there are two way players this year? I don't know why you would come to the conclusion there isn't by just a screen of Ohtani batting.
Ok well we were told that last year too... and Ohtani was a Two way player only he wasn't really when you started a franchise. you still had to give him that status yourself which took a month of the season. even though he should have already had it. it was locked the option for a two way.. so he never had it

then in August they decided to completely screw him up and making him a position player only. taking away any change of him as being a pitcher at all.. two way players only worked being a pitcher (if you put the effort in yourself) they made it impossible for him to be a two way player after they decided to do that. to change that because of a short season was ridiculous.

So sorry I have no faith that they will ever get this right with him when they keep finding ways to mess it up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »