Home

MLB The Show 21 Screenshots From the Latest Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Screenshots From the Latest Gameplay Trailer within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2021, 07:26 PM   #33
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: MLB The Show 21 Screenshots From the Latest Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Where do you see the Levi's, which stadium?

Also I'll be interested if we get many new adverts this year. Last year, it was fun looking to see some of the new real adverts added (Chick-fil-a, Coke bottle in SF etc.).
There’s also the Edgar’s sign at :50 of this video: https://youtu.be/RuIs0A6b1hU

Not a brand in the way others are (it’s a stadium space named in honor of Edgar Martinez, I believe) but it’s a new stadium-specific sign.
Old 03-23-2021, 09:37 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

There is certainly a lot of love around this site and the folks who navigate this forums for the Show franchise and Sony San Diego. I personally have been playing this game since The Show 13 on PS3 without a skip in the years since then, but, and there is always a "but", there is no excuse for then to keep using player models that go back to the PS3 era, PS3!!!
That is borderline disrespectful to keep using then on this new generation of consoles. Just my two cents.
Old 03-24-2021, 12:14 AM   #35
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaesar99
There is certainly a lot of love around this site and the folks who navigate this forums for the Show franchise and Sony San Diego. I personally have been playing this game since The Show 13 on PS3 without a skip in the years since then, but, and there is always a "but", there is no excuse for then to keep using player models that go back to the PS3 era, PS3!!!
That is borderline disrespectful to keep using then on this new generation of consoles. Just my two cents.
What specifically about the player models would you like to see changed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2021, 12:59 AM   #36
Rookie

douggoud's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
Ok well we were told that last year too... and Ohtani was a Two way player only he wasn't really when you started a franchise. you still had to give him that status yourself which took a month of the season. even though he should have already had it. it was locked the option for a two way.. so he never had it

then in August they decided to completely screw him up and making him a position player only. taking away any change of him as being a pitcher at all.. two way players only worked being a pitcher (if you put the effort in yourself) they made it impossible for him to be a two way player after they decided to do that. to change that because of a short season was ridiculous.

So sorry I have no faith that they will ever get this right with him when they keep finding ways to mess it up.
As an avid Ohtani fan, I think you need to slow your roll a bit man. They showed him pitching and then hitting in the trailer....

As for the rest, they probably took away his two-way status as he was only hitting instead of both after getting injured. Was that the right choice? No, but that's what they did.

Me personally, I would love them to unlock the two-way player option. It's silly to not let us go wild and make everyone a two-way player. If we wanna do that to our franchise then let us.

Since our RTTS player will be able to be a two-way player (thank god, only one save needed this year), I have a little more faith that they'll handle it a bit better this turn around.

"All Angels Go To Heaven"
Old 03-24-2021, 01:15 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
What specifically about the player models would you like to see changed?
We should have more than a handful of pre-sets at this point. Really, we shouldn't even be stuck using preset bodies only anyways. It's 2021, we should have had a system in place years ago that let you select any areaa of the body you want and enlarge, shrink, stretch, etc. it however you want within realistic confines independent of all the other body parts.

We should be able to go in and broaden shoulders, stretch the arms out for a longer wingspan, move the waist up and down without it making the torso any longer or shorter, etc. The fact that the entire roster of however many thousands of real players is restricted by 5ish pre-set body types with very limited levels of customization is substandard in this day and age.

Not every tall and lanky person is built the same. Not every short player is stout. Not every larger player needs to have a beer gut. If I want to make a man that is 250 lbs of pure muscle, I can't really do it in a great manner in the Show. The larger body styles have a really weird torso build with that strange stomach that causes the jersey to hang out in front of the pants half a foot.

― Plato
Old 03-24-2021, 01:44 AM   #38
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
We should have more than a handful of pre-sets at this point. Really, we shouldn't even be stuck using preset bodies only anyways. It's 2021, we should have had a system in place years ago that let you select any areaa of the body you want and enlarge, shrink, stretch, etc. it however you want within realistic confines independent of all the other body parts.

We should be able to go in and broaden shoulders, stretch the arms out for a longer wingspan, move the waist up and down without it making the torso any longer or shorter, etc. The fact that the entire roster of however many thousands of real players is restricted by 5ish pre-set body types with very limited levels of customization is substandard in this day and age.

Not every tall and lanky person is built the same. Not every short player is stout. Not every larger player needs to have a beer gut. If I want to make a man that is 250 lbs of pure muscle, I can't really do it in a great manner in the Show. The larger body styles have a really weird torso build with that strange stomach that causes the jersey to hang out in front of the pants half a foot.
I agree with all this - just wanted to steer player model talk toward actual discussion instead of the usual vague complaints.
Old 03-24-2021, 07:38 AM   #39
MVP

Syce's Arena

to the Right side there, LEVI's that was not in '20
Toronto Maple Leafs
Old 03-24-2021, 01:26 PM   #40
Rookie

PsnHitman17's Arena

I laugh when people complain about graphics while watching a youtube video in 720p instead of 4k.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »