Home

MLB The Show 21 Screenshots From the Latest Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Screenshots From the Latest Gameplay Trailer within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2021, 09:45 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

We just captured some MLB The Show 21 screenshots from today’s gameplay trailer. Here's some more...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2021, 11:58 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: MLB The Show 21 Screenshots From the Latest Gameplay Trailer

Unfortunately in my opinion this does not look like a ps5 game. In fact, it doesn't even look different from last year's ps4 version. Call me crazy but I expected more.
Old 03-23-2021, 01:31 AM   #3
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
Unfortunately in my opinion this does not look like a ps5 game. In fact, it doesn't even look different from last year's ps4 version. Call me crazy but I expected more.
What does a PS5 game look like? I have played several games on the PS5 that have had PS5 upgrades and while they all have better performance the graphics themselves did not change dramatically. Most of the added detail and processing seems to go towards lighting and RTX.

I believe the primary goal should be to hit a consistent 60 FPS at the max resolution and then slowly improve the graphics without hurting the framerate.

I honestly think many people just have unrealistic expectations about next gen consoles.
Old 03-23-2021, 01:48 AM   #4
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Man people are focusing too much on graphics if you ask me. I mean I love a realistic looking game as much as the next guy but man look at this...I think the lighting looks better than ever in this shot.

This with 4k 60frames is fine by me this year combined with the inproved fielding and create a stadium feature. When I watched the gameplay trailer in 4k hdr on my oled tv I was blown away. Having said that we’re still getting a next gen stream so I think we haven’t seen everything.
Old 03-23-2021, 02:41 AM   #5
Rookie

Why do people get offended when people say this game doesn’t look Next Gen ? People are always quick to defend SSD “what did you expect they always take 2-3 years for games to improve graphically”. It’s time to stop making excuses for them, there’s no reason for players to look the same way they did on PS3. The dirt and grass doesn’t even look like it was touched. I’m afraid the lack of competition has made them slack over the years. I intend on keeping my preorder because of create of stadium but if I didn’t have a ps5 good chance I would of skip this year version & played 20. By the way Spider-Man Miles Morales and NBA 2K21 definitely wow me on next Gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2021, 08:11 AM   #6
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playboy™
Why do people get offended when people say this game doesn’t look Next Gen ? People are always quick to defend SSD “what did you expect they always take 2-3 years for games to improve graphically”. It’s time to stop making excuses for them, there’s no reason for players to look the same way they did on PS3. The dirt and grass doesn’t even look like it was touched. I’m afraid the lack of competition has made them slack over the years. I intend on keeping my preorder because of create of stadium but if I didn’t have a ps5 good chance I would of skip this year version & played 20. By the way Spider-Man Miles Morales and NBA 2K21 definitely wow me on next Gen.
I doubt anyone is offended. LOL. It just shocks many of us the lack of understanding of how things work. It’s even more shocking people cry about graphics being “last gen” but then will whine when graphics get improved but gameplay stays the same.

It’s a lose lose for SDS in either case. People also need to stop comparing it to NBA lol. 2K is a hell of a lot bigger and has a lot more money for resources. Anyone can say that doesn’t matter until the cows come home, but that’ll just further show the ignorance on what goes into developing these games.

They added fully customizable stadium creator, a brand new platform, several gameplay changes, I mean, where you think the time is to overhaul the game just for next gen? That’s now how it works, I’m sure they’d of loved to greatly improve in that department but there’s only so many months in a cycle. You understand Spider-Man wasn’t required to be finished in less than a year right? Sports games are way different than games like that, or any non sports game, not a fair comparison at all.

Last edited by TheBleedingRed21; 03-23-2021 at 08:16 AM.
Old 03-23-2021, 08:43 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
What does a PS5 game look like? I have played several games on the PS5 that have had PS5 upgrades and while they all have better performance the graphics themselves did not change dramatically. Most of the added detail and processing seems to go towards lighting and RTX.

I believe the primary goal should be to hit a consistent 60 FPS at the max resolution and then slowly improve the graphics without hurting the framerate.

I honestly think many people just have unrealistic expectations about next gen consoles.
What you're saying is silly. NBA 2K looks much better. So does COD. The Show player models haven't changed in 3 generations. The hair, the grass, it looks exactly the same as last year's game. Why even get a next gen console if there's no graphical improvement.
Old 03-23-2021, 08:49 AM   #8
Rookie

parky_17's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
You're crazy

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Operation Sports mobile app

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
TORONTO BLUE JAYS
WASHINGTON CAPITALS
DETROIT PISTONS

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »