Home

Franchise Players: A Question I have always been curious about.

This is a discussion on Franchise Players: A Question I have always been curious about. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2021, 12:55 AM   #9
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise Players: A Question I have always been curious about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyStroke3
Seek help...
No thanks.. I don't need help I am happy with 2 kids with a family and to spend my free time at night to myself playing 2 or 3 games a night of a season. it's not like I sit on it 24-7
Old 03-25-2021, 01:18 AM   #10
Rookie

BodamEscapePlan's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyStroke3
Seek help...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
No thanks.. I don't need help I am happy with 2 kids with a family and to spend my free time at night to myself playing 2 or 3 games a night of a season. it's not like I sit on it 24-7
Hopefully he meant that in jest. That's what I was assuming but I did a double-take when I saw that you said you played every pitch for every team and obviously for most of us that task would be near impossible, even in Madden in a 16-game season; but I think that stuff like this is just awesome. I wish I had the patience to play out a whole 162 game season but I always trail off somewhere and I hate it. The cool thing about The Show is that it allows the user to not have to start their season from scratch each year. Although that feature never does much for me because I am an absolute stickler for accurate and up-to-date rosters and ratings (I think I have sports game OCD).

Honestly, I would love to see your end of season statistics from this. It would be absolutely fascinating to see that much user-determined data across an entire league. I do something similar but I only play each game for my own team while I individually sim each game to mostly mimic real-life for all the other teams, it slows me down every year and is probably the culprit to why I've never made it to playing all of my regular season games.
NCAAF: NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS
@michaelsbodam | PSN: BodamEscapePlan

Last edited by BodamEscapePlan; 03-25-2021 at 01:25 AM. Reason: multi-quote
Old 03-25-2021, 02:17 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I always played with classic pitching, timing hitting, and auto fielding. I then tried to tune my sliders to make every game a challenge, yet keep balance. If I am the much better team, it should feel easier. I don't want to artificially make the other team better just for the sake of a challenge.

Usually with those play styles in combination with my sliders would lead to results that never felt unrealistic. With good sliders and timing hitting, I never found myself hitting unrealistically above a guy's ratings. With classic pitching and the right sliders the great pitchers felt great, the bad ones felt bad, the wild ones were wild, the control guys had control.

I still play that way when I play the games, but my approach to franchise mode is now playing every game 1 of each series I play, then simming the rest of the series and only stepping in if one of the moments pop up that allow you to come in with whatever the scenario is at the time. Some times you still join in blowouts and are just trying to get a guy a triple so he gets the cycle. Sometimes you jump in down 3 with 9 outs to go. There is plenty of variety.

By simming my stats are even more realistic and I avoid a lot of the issues that plague The Show like pitiful CPU pitcher management. That kind of stuff is minimized, I still feel I play enough to feel engaged with my franchise, I get more games in over time, simming makes the GM side even more important in my opinion, and most of all, I just have fun playing that way.

Anymore, I want to take on the GM role in sports games and have that be my main focus. By simming my GM moves are more important than ever, but me stepping in for whatever moments pop up plus playing game 1 of every series allows me to get immersed with some on field action to keep my world feeling alive.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2021, 02:45 AM   #12
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I first aim for realistic mechanics (run speed, throw speed, pitcher stamina), then I aim for competitive play. If I feel like something else becomes way out of whack (homerfests, too many strikeouts, etc.) I'll consider a slider tick one way or the other, but this is a rarity.

Often times, me changing the pitch speed is what can affect my offense the most.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-25-2021, 04:17 AM   #13
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

I just play the game. Hitting and pitching on legend difficulty and just play.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-25-2021, 06:13 AM   #14
Rookie

This dilemma is one of the reasons I don’t play and instead treat my franchise play through like it’s a stripped down version of OOTP. There’s no way that I could do my players justice if I tried to control them, especially in terms of hitter’s discipline and pitcher’s location and pitch selection. My fielding and base running would probably suck too.

https://discord.gg/Nrquy2SSG4
Old 03-25-2021, 08:06 AM   #15
Knicks/Jets/Yankees

ThatKidNamedTae's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirManBoy
This dilemma is one of the reasons I don’t play and instead treat my franchise play through like it’s a stripped down version of OOTP. There’s no way that I could do my players justice if I tried to control them, especially in terms of hitter’s discipline and pitcher’s location and pitch selection. My fielding and base running would probably suck too.

I swing at almost everything lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
2/22/2015

Just wanted to mark this as the day the acquisition of Kendrick Perkins sparked a debate about stacking your team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2021, 08:30 AM   #16
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

Franchise Players: A Question I have always been curious about.

20 was the first year I’ve ever played on hall of fame difficulty and it was awesome. Played with the Jays in franchise and I felt my stats stayed pretty accurate. A lot of HR’s and a lot of K’s. Though I’m always last in the league in walks.

This year I’m planning on using dynamic difficulty starting off on HOF and letting things play out.

NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »