Home

Is it time for me to up the difficulty?

This is a discussion on Is it time for me to up the difficulty? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2021, 04:28 PM   #1
Rookie

BlueSkies77's Arena

OVR: 0
Is it time for me to up the difficulty?

Been playing on All Star for years but I never play through a 162 game season as I am now. If I average 5 to 10 runs per game and 15 games over .500? I’m beginning to feel like it’s too easy. I’ve been under the impression that All Star is “normal” difficult. Also, does dynamic usually feel well adjusted game to game or does it feel like the cpu rubber bands (cheap)?

I’ve just been wondering if I should up to legend but doing it mid season is a little nerve wracking haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2021, 04:34 PM   #2
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

Re: Is it time for me to up the difficulty?

You could leave the difficulty where it's at and increase the pitching speed. That'll make it harder.
Old 04-01-2021, 05:48 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Compare your stats to MLB averages. Analyze your team and see if they are over or underperforming anywhere by an amount that indicates something might be off, something significant.

If it's only 15 games, maybe your team is just hot. If you're crushing it without needing to focus and do feel it is off, then do what I said above and make some adjustments. Baseball is a pretty simple game from a numbers standpoint. It is pretty easy to tune the sliders to get whatever changes you need.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 04-01-2021, 07:11 PM   #4
Rookie

BlueSkies77's Arena

I appreciate the replies. I’m hesitant to increase pitch speed because I suck with hitting. In the PS3 days when the pitch speed was insanely fast I could never pull the ball and struck out a lot. So I loved 18,19,20’s default pitch speed because it feels just right for me. But now it’s beginning to feel too easy.

Just lookin for the balance without tinkering too much. And then I’m afraid if I higher the difficulty then I’ll start losin. I’m just thinking out loud and seeing others difficulty experiences.
Old 04-01-2021, 07:20 PM   #5
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Also if you don't want to go up a full difficulty level use dynamic difficulty to get to all-star+ then lock it in. I've moved up to AS+ for my pitching. It's a subtle change but it might be good to try before jumping a full step.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2021, 07:22 PM   #6
Rookie

BlueSkies77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
Also if you don't want to go up a full difficulty level use dynamic difficulty to get to all-star+ then lock it in. I've moved up to AS+ for my pitching. It's a subtle change but it might be good to try before jumping a full step.
I’ll try that!
Old 04-01-2021, 07:28 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
this is what I was coming in here to say. Dynamic is the only way for me to play. it was a godsend when they added it and I'll never go back to not using it as long as it remains an option. the only thing I don't do is lock it in because I love how it gives me hot streaks and cold slumps. really captures the ebb and flow feel of a real 162 game grind

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »