Home

MLB The Show 21 Coming to Xbox Game Pass on April 20

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Coming to Xbox Game Pass on April 20 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2021, 05:50 PM   #217
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 21 Coming to Xbox Game Pass on April 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilazndood1
Does Game Pass not require you to have an Xbox but instead just the subscription to play the game(s)?

Also, would it work on Apple Devices or specifically just Android?

Thanks!
It doesn’t work on Apple right now, but they are going to have a browser based solution for that soon (they are testing it right now) and that also means you’ll be able to use it on anything that has a web browser.
Old 04-15-2021, 05:59 PM   #218
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
It doesn’t work on Apple right now, but they are going to have a browser based solution for that soon (they are testing it right now) and that also means you’ll be able to use it on anything that has a web browser.
I think they actually just ended the PC testing a few days ago. Released an update disallowing people to access it according to the subreddit. Seems like they are real close to releasing it publically as it was apparently working extremely well and Microsoft's goal was always this Spring, so they don't have but 4 or so weeks left of it being Spring technically.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 04-15-2021, 06:46 PM   #219
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I think they actually just ended the PC testing a few days ago. Released an update disallowing people to access it according to the subreddit. Seems like they are real close to releasing it publically as it was apparently working extremely well and Microsoft's goal was always this Spring, so they don't have but 4 or so weeks left of it being Spring technically.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I got a chance to test this on the PC side and it worked quite well, although there was a bit of input delay. I tested by playing Descenders and I had to start my tricks just a little before I normally would, which does makes me worry about playing The Show, but if you're already accustomed to playing online and starting your swing earlier than usual you'll be ok. Of course it will also depend on your connection, location, etc. My ping to the Xbox server was 14ms on a wired fiber connection which is about the best you could ask for so hopefully they'll somehow be able to smooth it out even more. I'm really looking forward to further testing and updates.

Last edited by jeffy777; 04-15-2021 at 06:49 PM.
Old 04-16-2021, 01:26 AM   #220
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
I got a chance to test this on the PC side and it worked quite well, although there was a bit of input delay. I tested by playing Descenders and I had to start my tricks just a little before I normally would, which does makes me worry about playing The Show, but if you're already accustomed to playing online and starting your swing earlier than usual you'll be ok. Of course it will also depend on your connection, location, etc. My ping to the Xbox server was 14ms on a wired fiber connection which is about the best you could ask for so hopefully they'll somehow be able to smooth it out even more. I'm really looking forward to further testing and updates.
Yea, I am worried about the input delay for hitting. From what I was reading the input delay was varying game to game. I saw a lot of comments saying Dirt 3 had noticeable delay for basically all people, but some other games were as if you were playing locally.

I'm going to try this game through streaming it on GamePass before I make a decision. I'm crossing my fingers the input delay is minimal and manageable. I have a wired fiber connection that should be fine, so we will see.

― Plato
Old 04-16-2021, 02:05 AM   #221
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Yea, I am worried about the input delay for hitting. From what I was reading the input delay was varying game to game. I saw a lot of comments saying Dirt 3 had noticeable delay for basically all people, but some other games were as if you were playing locally.

I'm going to try this game through streaming it on GamePass before I make a decision. I'm crossing my fingers the input delay is minimal and manageable. I have a wired fiber connection that should be fine, so we will see.
Right on, let me know how it goes and I'll report back here as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »