Home

MLB The Show 21 Coming to Xbox Game Pass on April 20

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Coming to Xbox Game Pass on April 20 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2021, 10:12 AM   #25
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Mlb The Show 21 Launching on Gamepass

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Im thinking they had to get something in return. Only time will tell for what it was.
I'm reading alot of opinions seeing that it wasn't Sony's decision moreso that Microsoft came to MLB as the publisher and opened the checkbook.

Win/win for MLB with a potential new audience trying the game out since it is there. Get as many young eyes on the game as possible
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2021, 10:15 AM   #26
Rookie

zbundy3's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
I'm reading alot of opinions seeing that it wasn't Sony's decision moreso that Microsoft came to MLB as the publisher and opened the checkbook.

Win/win for MLB with a potential new audience trying the game out since it is there. Get as many young eyes on the game as possible
I hope SDS gets a nice bump from that! Really enjoy what that team does for this game.
Old 04-02-2021, 10:36 AM   #27
Brazilian A's Fan

brunnoce's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbundy3
I hope SDS gets a nice bump from that! Really enjoy what that team does for this game.
couldnt agree more

as a xbox user (been buying and selling Ps3/4s for years and years just to play the show) Im glad to hear this news but I hope SDS get the cudos, I wont be canceling my jackie robinson edition pre-order though, not only for the 4 days ealier but mainly because Im so happy that The show is coming to xbox that I really feel good paying SDS for my copy.
Old 04-02-2021, 10:47 AM   #28
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalBoyle78
it will stay on game pass long enough for a discount to happen to then but it. Trust me

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yeah I'm saving 70 now and if I end up wanting to buy later I can...I doubt it's a super short time so probably enough to satisfy me

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 04-02-2021, 10:55 AM   #29
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmagoul
Am I the only one who feels this punishes PlayStation users? That's why I'm surprised by this. Perhaps presales were lower than expected and it's a short-term tease to get XBox users hip to the game? Maybe they pull it a month later?

Or does this mean there will be more newbies in DD that get these PS hands?? (Insert licking lips gif)

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-02-2021, 10:55 AM   #30
Pro

IHateDuke32's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunnoce
couldnt agree more

as a xbox user (been buying and selling Ps3/4s for years and years just to play the show) Im glad to hear this news but I hope SDS get the cudos, I wont be canceling my jackie robinson edition pre-order though, not only for the 4 days ealier but mainly because Im so happy that The show is coming to xbox that I really feel good paying SDS for my copy.
I feel the same, but I still cancelled my Series X pre-order. I can wait the extra 4 days. Also, when/if it does leave Game Pass, I will definitely then purchase the game 100%. Plus, I took the $ with my cancelled pre-order and immediately pre-ordered RE8 with it. That's until RE8 is somehow announced for Game Pass day and date as well hahaha.

I loved the OG Xbox and 360 and then was out of gaming for a while. Upon jumping back in, PS4 was the obvious choice for me for several reasons. One being the disaster of a launch that Xbox One had, and the other big one being MLB the Show was exclusive to PlayStation. I mean I did also have PS1-3 and am a big PlayStation fan as well, so the PS4 was an easy choice. And I never regretted having a PS4 and not an Xbox One, even as a big Xbox fan. PS4 was just an amazing experience with the games that were released on it.

Even today, I've been lucky enough to have a PS5 and have enjoyed it quite a bit. But jumping back into the Xbox ecosystem with a Series X, it's honestly been the best gaming experience I've had since probably loving my N64 as a little kid. I legit feel like a little kid again with how much I've loved my Series X. Game Pass is just insane and keeps getting better and better. To anyone that isn't an Xbox fan, that's cool, we're all gamers. To anyone that is an Xbox fan, wow what a time to be one.
Old 04-02-2021, 10:56 AM   #31
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

OVR: 0

Surprised no one has brought this up. I wonder if it’s going to be the next-gen, PS5/Series X version of the game or if it’s going to be the old-gen, PS4/XB1 version.

My guess is old-gen, but you never know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2021, 11:07 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0

As a PS5 owner what a major W for Xbox users. I really do hope Sony got paid extra for doing this because this seems like a loss for those who own a PlayStation. $15 Gamepass > $70 Game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »