Home

MLB The Show 21 Coming to Xbox Game Pass on April 20

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Coming to Xbox Game Pass on April 20 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2021, 11:09 AM   #33
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Mlb The Show 21 Launching on Gamepass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
This is making my "buy a ps5 for MLB the Show" decision look bad.
It was bad considering the first press releases/Tweets about The Show coming to XBox in 2021 came out in December of 2019. Well before pre-orders for the next-gen consoles were available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playboy™
As a PS5 owner what a major W for Xbox users. I really do hope Sony got paid extra for doing this because this seems like a loss for those who own a PlayStation. $15 Gamepass > $70 Game.
They'll have to buy the game eventually because no game ever stays on Gamepass forever, so they're at most saving probably $10-20 total if they can get the game on sale for $40-50 when it leaves GamePass (the game is still $60 on PS4). My guess is this is a one month thing to get people hyped on XBox for an actual baseball game that Microsoft paid a pretty penny for.

Last edited by BA2929; 04-02-2021 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-02-2021, 11:14 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert22044
Surprised no one has brought this up. I wonder if it’s going to be the next-gen, PS5/Series X version of the game or if it’s going to be the old-gen, PS4/XB1 version.

My guess is old-gen, but you never know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it says in the official xbox release that it will be both the xbox one version as well as the xbox series x/s version
Old 04-02-2021, 11:14 AM   #35
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Yeah I have it preorder for april 16th but I think I'm going to cancel it. I can wait 4 days to save $85. I'm curious how long this (and off topic but Outriders) stays on gamepass

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Probably 3 months max since it’s non Microsoft game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2021, 11:19 AM   #36
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
It was bad considering the first press releases/Tweets about The Show coming to XBox in 2021 came out in December of 2019. Well before pre-orders for the next-gen consoles were available.

They'll have to buy the game eventually because no game ever stays on Gamepass forever, so they're at most saving probably $10-20 total if they can get the game on sale for $40-50 when it leaves GamePass (the game is still $60 on PS4). My guess is this is a one month thing to get people hyped on XBox for an actual baseball game that Microsoft paid a pretty penny for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOctober430
Probably 3 months max since it’s non Microsoft game.
Would have to be at least 3-4 months...Honestly for a lot of people it might satisfy the desire enough to not have to buy, or to wait for a sale then...I really wasn't a fan of having to spend 70, and was probably only doing that once to own one version, but now I'll have it for a while and save 70 and deal with it if it leaves...

No way is it just one month.
Old 04-02-2021, 11:21 AM   #37
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY4Life
I don't think it punishes Sony users. Xbox has done this with other multiplatform games like Outer Worlds (Which I think is still on Game pass since launch). My guess is that it stays on Game Pass pretty long. Can't remember a game that was only on Game Pass for a short period of time.

It's on Sony to come up with a similar model / service to combat this. I am on XSX, PS5 and Switch and like that they have different reasons to own them all.
Everything MS owns stays on Game Pass, and they own the developers of Outer Worlds. There’s been a few games that are only on there for a short period of time, of the top of my head I remember GTA and Red Dead not being on there long.
Old 04-02-2021, 11:28 AM   #38
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
Everything MS owns stays on Game Pass, and they own the developers of Outer Worlds. There’s been a few games that are only on there for a short period of time, of the top of my head I remember GTA and Red Dead not being on there long.
Those were on 5ish months i think...I'm guessing this would be similar, at least 3-4, unless MS wants it a year
Old 04-02-2021, 11:29 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yes. When it comes to MLB The Show we must think about the poor PS users. Oh the humanity.
Old 04-02-2021, 11:31 AM   #40
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Would have to be at least 3-4 months...Honestly for a lot of people it might satisfy the desire enough to not have to buy, or to wait for a sale then...I really wasn't a fan of having to spend 70, and was probably only doing that once to own one version, but now I'll have it for a while and save 70 and deal with it if it leaves...

No way is it just one month.
You're probably right, but it's still a SIE made game. I just wouldn't get my hopes up for it lasting longer than 1 month as we've really never had a scenario like this on Game Pass. If it does last 3-4 months though, great! Happy for XBox users. I used to be one and was annoyed I was stuck with 2k baseball or nothing for years and years.

Last edited by BA2929; 04-02-2021 at 11:35 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »