Home

MLB The Show 21 Franchise Mode - 5 Most Important Additions and What's Still Missing

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Franchise Mode - 5 Most Important Additions and What's Still Missing within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2021, 08:55 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB The Show 21 Franchise Mode - 5 Most Important Additions and What's Still Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Last gen maybe but there is no reason ootp cant run on next gen consoles. PCs with much worse hardware can run it.
I sure hope ootp comes to next-gen consoles. I stopped playing when my laptop crashed. I never bother replacing because I really don't need a pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
1. Playable Single A

2. Playable Single High A

3. Playable Single Low A
fixxed

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2021, 09:01 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: MLB The Show 21 Franchise Mode - 5 Most Important Additions and What's Still Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by malky
What about adding something simple? League history more than 3 years. Even Madden and SuperMega baseball has that.
I've been asking for this for the last 6 years. This could literally be added via patch. I don't understand why SDS is so indifferent about the franchise mode. It almost makes me want to like a different sport
Old 04-04-2021, 09:58 AM   #27
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
I think the only way the Show could be as deep as ootp is if the Show had a separate PC edition, untied to the console version. there's a reason we can't play ootp on consoles. I know I can't play it on PlayStation and I'm assuming xbox as well also too
OOTP could’ve ran on the PS3 LOL. The problem is as I mentioned, it’s a very targeted audience. It doesn’t have the player base to support consoles and the required changes it would take to make it console friendly. It’s 100% build to be used with a keyboard and mouse, it would have to change so much to work with a console controller (Atleast friendly). This is why OOTP can be so deep though, they know their hardcore audience and can cater to that, no need to worry about the casual or worry about the gameplay. (Besides their 3D virtual sim play)

Last edited by TheBleedingRed21; 04-04-2021 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-04-2021, 10:24 AM   #28
MVP

coachmac75's Arena

OVR: 0

Let’s forget Ootp it is not the point.

I mean SDS pushes real baseball fans to stop playing the show.

Community keeps asking same things: enhanced roster, enhanced scouting/draft etc...

Over the ps4 era, not only they did not develop any relevant new features but they removed two fundamental features: online franchise and save import.

It is a disaster. You mention Madden but Madden has effectively improved its franchise (i know some will jump but have a deep breath and read this before saying otherwise).

2k has all the features missing and that is the point.

"Sad to say but trades in madden leagues come down to who can take the most advantage of the dumbest users" Jack Wallace

Last edited by coachmac75; 04-04-2021 at 02:13 PM.
Old 04-04-2021, 10:49 AM   #29
Pro

OVR: 5

For me the most important thing still missing is the ability to reallign the teams including the ability to increase or decrease the number of teams.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-04-2021, 10:53 AM   #30
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmac75
Let’s forget Ootp it is not the point.

I mean SDS pushes real baseball fans to stop playing the show.

Community keeps asking same things: expNded roster, enhanced scouting/draft etc...

Over the ps4 era, not only they did not develop any relevant new features but they removed two fundamental features: online franchise and save import.

It is a disaster. You mention Madden but Madden has effectively improved its franchise (i know some will jump but have a deep breath and read this before saying otherwise).

2k has all the features missing and that is the point.
No one misses the “point”. We all want the mode to get off the ground, it should have by now. I think too many on here mistake positive posts. I don’t post about positive changes or post about limitations because I’m satisfied, quite opposite. I want more, way more. I just go about looking at it different than others, that’s okay.

If it wasn’t for the outspoken crowd, Madden wouldn’t of touched their franchise so I hope you guys continue to let them have it. If we could get this on PC, there’s several things I could fix like we do for Madden that would instantly create a better mode.
Old 04-04-2021, 11:29 AM   #31
Rookie

ped3328's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
If you enjoy it, give it a thumbs up and maybe subscribe to us on YouTube as well. If you want to comment either there or here on OS, that would also be dope.

All the support on our videos lately is majorly appreciated.
The different charts pertaining to Franchise are very colorful and much easier to read than the PS4 versions of the last few years, which carry black scripts on white backgound. It's really hard on the eyes. Here's my question: do the Franchise charts we see on that presentation apply to the PS4 version as well?
Thnak you in advance for your response.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2021, 04:26 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0

Critical situations are still in the game; toggleable in the menu. See feature premiere at 2:50 in.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »