Home

In your franchise, whats more appealing? Winning or Fair Play?

This is a discussion on In your franchise, whats more appealing? Winning or Fair Play? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2021, 05:54 AM   #17
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: In your franchise, whats more appealing? Winning or Fair Play?

Just win baby!!!

But do it fairly.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Old 04-08-2021, 03:24 PM   #18
Rookie

bjenks's Arena

For me personally, I like to see a challenge and realism. I love winning, and it feels great to get a hard fought win, but when I start winning a lot of games and they don't feel pressured, it kind of loses it's appeal. I have spent a lot of time editing sliders to make the game more difficult, but not too difficult at the same time. Finding the right balance to keep the games as competitive and challenging as possible has been the biggest obstacle.

So to answer the question, I prefer fair play, and don't even mind losing at times if it is legit. I'm constantly working towards making the game as realistic as possible.

www.twitch.tv/bjenks

Also, if you're interested, follow me on Twitter!
My Twitter
Old 04-08-2021, 09:57 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

I usually only play a fraction of the games in any given season, simming the rest. A recent game felt about ideal for what I like to experience: Fell behind a bit early, tied it in the middle innings, then took the lead late and held it. I very much do not enjoy spending an hour with a game then losing.

I would feel the opposite if I played every game, but when I'm only playing a handful of games in a season, I want to experience my players at their best.

Also worth noting that my current lineup is stacked and the rest of my division is pathetic. When I was in the rebuilding phase with this franchise, playing and losing didn't bother me at all. If I were regularly playing similarly talented teams, I'd get less annoyed when I lost. But when my talent is better than the CPU's talent in the vast majority of games, it feels cheap when I DON'T win.
Old 04-09-2021, 05:16 PM   #20
MVP

In your franchise, whats more appealing? Winning or Fair Play?

I must see competitive balance or the whole thing feels worthless. I mean playing vidya is already a mostly-worthless hobby, so if I can just fart around like a 6-year-old and still win that’s a garbage experience.

Mostly what I try to do these days is just respect every at-bat. Treat every inning like a game of chess, every at-bat like a hand of poker, every play on defense a test of reaction speed and play-reading.

Mostly default, pitch speeds on 8, HOF pitching and AS hitting if anyone’s wondering. Zero complaints.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:04 PM   #21
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

I think both are important.

I want fair play but don't get me wrong but if my team is better over the course of a season I see no problem winning 100 to 105 games. It happens in real baseball and if my team is the best in the league then it is fair that I end up with the best record.

I am at a point in my settings where wins feel earned and losses feel deserved so I won't mess with these settings in 21.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2021, 09:47 PM   #22
Just started!

Kardackk's Arena

Fair Play

I have an exhaustive system that makes it that way year to year.

started it in 2012 and have recorded each year on a spreadsheet YOY.

My main team has never made it to a League championship game in the 8 years I started. 2020 got eliminated in the Wildcard game. been to the playoffs 3 times in 8 years.

I also have a RTTS player that I moved into franchise after being called up to the Majors in 2016 after being stuck in the minors in 2014, 2015. I use no equipment buffs, he is a starting pitcher but is not a DMD 99 or anything -

I restart the franchise every year because I currently use current rosters and keep up with the daily players transactions in real life. I control all 30 teams as well. I play one game a day based on the actual schedule of that day. which really sucks because this game is coming out late this year so My playoffs will not start until November in real time. and I will be off by a month. I make use of difficulty and sliders. when I first started the difficulty on pitching and hitting was based on ERA first 2 months of the season was based on real ERAs of the last Season then based on in game ERA for moths 3 through 6.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:19 PM   #23
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

I wish I had the time and attention span to get through a whole season. I maybe played a whole season twice over the years.. However I always start with fair play, win some and lose some, 162 is a lot of games.... but then after long breaks away from the game I get impatient and start simming games but I always make sure I get to the playoffs just to see if the playoff atmosphere has change year to year.
Old 04-10-2021, 12:52 AM   #24
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Winning with a mix of fair play. I always have a winning record but I dont make it completely unreasonable.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »