Home

How many people can play in a game online?

This is a discussion on How many people can play in a game online? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2021, 11:54 PM   #1
Rookie
 
HBKSean216's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2019
How many people can play in a game online?

On next gen consoles can you have more than 2 people playing in the same game online like you can in Fifa??
HBKSean216 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2021, 01:23 PM   #2
MVP
 
jeffy777's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: How many people can play in a game online?

There used to be online Co-op, but they randomly removed it a few years ago, unfortunately.

In today's gaming world, it would be a fairly big selling point if they added it back and hyped it up, so I'm not sure why they haven't.
jeffy777 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 02:56 PM   #3
MVP
 
Houston's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2003
Re: How many people can play in a game online?

If you have friends and wanna play together on same team this can be achieved using shareplay if your not in the same house but online. Share play is on available for Playstation owners.

Now you can't play vs other online people but you and a friend can split up hitting, pitching and fielding on one team. Works great in franchise mode etc...
Houston is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 03:07 PM   #4
MVP
 
jeffy777's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: How many people can play in a game online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston
If you have friends and wanna play together on same team this can be achieved using shareplay if your not in the same house but online. Share play is on available for Playstation owners.

Now you can't play vs other online people but you and a friend can split up hitting, pitching and fielding on one team. Works great in franchise mode etc...

Except for input lag. I really wish they would just add co op back officially.
jeffy777 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 03:12 PM   #5
MVP
 
Houston's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2003
Re: How many people can play in a game online?

It does sux shareplay, trying to play h2h but when playing on same team is not bad at all very little lag from the times I played it this way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Except for input lag. I really wish they would just add co op back officially.
Houston is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2021, 08:38 PM   #6
MVP
 
jeffy777's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: How many people can play in a game online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston
It does sux shareplay, trying to play h2h but when playing on same team is not bad at all very little lag from the times I played it this way.
Right on. I wish I could say the same. I tried a few times with a buddy, but there was too much lag when hitting and with the pitching meter as well, although it'd probably work ok with classic pitching now that I think about it.

I really hope they bring co-op back someday. Fingers crossed.
jeffy777 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:31 PM   #7
MVP
 
Houston's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2003
Re: How many people can play in a game online?

Oh absolutely its hit and miss. This game is so dependent on timing and when your trying share play or online timing is crucial. You can't use default sliders within shareplay or you will never get the bat off your shoulders, but the overdone hosting plays fine the other person on the other end gets punished.

If u lower both pitch speeds way down and timing up a few ticks does help.

Now when your share playing and on same team the lag doesn't seem to be as bad as user vs user.

Other issue for me was I prefer pitching behind pitcher and when your playing with a friend not online but shareplay your pitching the old skool way and you can see what the pitch is there throwing, now u could turn the visual pitch icon off but good luck hitting the strike zone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Right on. I wish I could say the same. I tried a few times with a buddy, but there was too much lag when hitting and with the pitching meter as well, although it'd probably work ok with classic pitching now that I think about it.

I really hope they bring co-op back someday. Fingers crossed.
Houston is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:54 PM.

Top -