Home

Where is the gameplay

This is a discussion on Where is the gameplay within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2021, 03:18 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Where is the gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by douggoud
You......do realize they've been working on this game since pretty much COVID started.....right? If you think COVID didn't affect them at all I don't know where to start, lol.

You do know that other games were made within the last year that were good right? Just tired of the whole “covid” excuse. Let’s put out a game and charge full price for it despite being handcuffed by a virus. “Yeah, people will still buy it!”

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-14-2021, 03:24 PM   #34
MVP

Archie56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan28
So now we use covid as an excuse this year... smh. Listen if you wanna spend 70+ dollars on a game that has less features and barley any graphical upgrade from ‘20 then good on ya.

that's all I can do.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 04-14-2021, 03:26 PM   #35
MVP

Archie56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
I'm not upset and I truly enjoy the game as well and realize everything else you said...but I don't feel the need to defend every little thing especially when there really is no excuse for not releasing extended gameplay at this point.
I criticize when I feel like it's needed. Do I defend it more than criticize? Of course. Look, we all have differing opinions on what we think is needed and important, let's just leave it at that.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2021, 03:28 PM   #36
MVP

Archie56's Arena

Quote:
You do know that other games were made within the last year that were good right? Just tired of the whole “covid” excuse. Let’s put out a game and charge full price for it despite being handcuffed by a virus. “Yeah, people will still buy it!”

How many of those games were on just a yearly cycle? Guarantee you most of those games you talk about that were released last year were in production for a few years prior to Covid.

Old 04-14-2021, 03:39 PM   #37
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Im sorry. SDS has lost any sense of credibility or small team excuse. It just doesn't fly anymore. There has been so little change over the years. More has been taken out of this game that has been put in. We have no reason to believe that any of these new "tweaks" under the hood actually work or will have a positive impact in the game. The ONE thing they had going for them was Carry Over saves. Well that show is over and I don't believe it will be back. There is no monetary benefit for them. Franchise is a Dinosaur to them and they just want it to die so they can just have DD and all of the money microtransactions can bring.

SDS is just another EA. Total lack of development unless it can be monetized. Sure the gameplay is "the best its ever been" but is that really saying much. The only way to get this game to play well, even at a base level is to use a custom roster or be playing a Carry Over Franchise. If you use Defualt rosters that come with the game? This game is a broken mess. Trades, Line ups, roster management, training, budgets all of this doesn't work right and it NEVER has. This year has been the final wake up for me and I know a lot of others that used to be yearly supporters.

I bought a Playstation because of The Show. I may very well buy an Xbox and leave Sony behind because of it as well.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

Last edited by Bullit; 04-14-2021 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-14-2021, 03:46 PM   #38
Rookie

douggoud's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

Yeah and those studios are all larger than SDS so.....yeah.

Up until last year they would have their normal streams and showed off gameplay. I could tell what they did this year was pre-recorded stuff probably over zoom or something. Of course, due to COVID. Dunno why you're tired of it when it's a legitimate problem facing everyone. My work changed a ton for quite some time due to COVID. You don't know if they had to have less people come in and work from home instead, and how difficult it may have been to get their ability to work from home setup.

Also, the stadium creator was a huge thing for me, so I have no qualms about paying full price because I've wanted it forever. Not for you? Cool, don't buy it. Show how you feel with your wallet. Simple. It'll be on sale in a few months or if you have Xbox you can get it on gamepass.

"All Angels Go To Heaven"
Old 04-14-2021, 04:11 PM   #39
MVP

Archie56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Im sorry. SDS has lost any sense of credibility or small team excuse. It just doesn't fly anymore. There has been so little change over the years. More has been taken out of this game that has been put in. We have no reason to believe that any of these new "tweaks" under the hood actually work or will have a positive impact in the game. The ONE thing they had going for them was Carry Over saves. Well that show is over and I don't believe it will be back. There is no monetary benefit for them. Franchise is a Dinosaur to them and they just want it to die so they can just have DD and all of the money microtransactions can bring.

SDS is just another EA. Total lack of development unless it can be monetized. Sure the gameplay is "the best its ever been" but is that really saying much. The only way to get this game to play well, even at a base level is to use a custom roster or be playing a Carry Over Franchise. If you use Defualt rosters that come with the game? This game is a broken mess. Trades, Line ups, roster management, training, budgets all of this doesn't work right and it NEVER has. This year has been the final wake up for me and I know a lot of others that used to be yearly supporters.

I bought a Playstation because of The Show. I may very well buy an Xbox and leave Sony behind because of it as well.
Bullit, you and I have been a part of this community for around the same amount of time. And I have always respected your opinion. While I don't necessarily agree with your point of view, I still respect that you feel that way and hope someday that SDS can get in your good graces again.

Old 04-14-2021, 04:26 PM   #40
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie56
Bullit, you and I have been a part of this community for around the same amount of time. And I have always respected your opinion. While I don't necessarily agree with your point of view, I still respect that you feel that way and hope someday that SDS can get in your good graces again.

Appreciate you. That is how you disagree with someone.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »