Home

MLB The Show 21 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2021, 01:19 PM   #1073
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB The Show 21 Franchise Discussion Thread

Swept the Pirates out of town!

Although the Pirates was pitiful 13-29 coming into the 4 game series. They are still a MLB team. It was not easy. Game 1 3-2, Game 2 1-0, Game 2 3-2 and Game 4 4-2... Hell theyre pitching was pretty formidable.

We are now 26-21, 1.5GB of the 1st place Nats(27-19). We are 0.5GB of the second place Wild Card slot. Dodgers are 31-16 no. 1 in the WC standings. Padres are 35-12 the best record in MLB, followed by the Astros in the A.L at 34-13.

I make no mistake our recipe for winning is Pitching: MLB ERA 1st:2.79, Saves 2nd:20, Hits Allowed 1st:343, K's 1st:434. Meet my pitching staff:

Soroka 5-2,62.0IP,54K,ERA 2.76 & WHIP 0.89
Fried 4-3,67.0IP,76K,ERA 2.55 & WHIP 0.94
I. Anderson 4-2,59.0IP,65K,ERA 2.75 & WHIP 1.02
H. Ynoa 0-4,50.1IP,41K,ERA 4.11, WHIP 1.25 & 12BB
C. Morton 3-2,56.2IP,60K,ERA 2.54 & WHIP 0.81
Bullpen
Newcomb 23.0IP,22K & ERA 2.35
Tomlin 18.0IP,9K & ERA 1.50
A.J. Minter 14.0IP,14K & ERA 3.86
Luke Jackson 18.0IP,21K & ERA 3.00
Greene 6.1IP,9K & ERA 0.00 moving him to Set-up role
Matzek 16.2IP,16K & ERA 2.16
Closer W. Smith 1-0,17.0IP,28K, ERA 1.06 & WHIP 0.47

Up next: 2 game series at the Red Sox(24-24) and a 3 game series at New York Mets(24-21)

Last edited by decga; 10-16-2021 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Change batteries in keyboard.
Old 10-16-2021, 02:09 PM   #1074
Rookie

OVR: 0

Abandoned my franchise for other games (yet again) but decided to come back and redo the Cardinals 2021 season. I made a personal roster for my franchise which is basically Ridin's V4 Roster with transactions reversed to Spring Training and without 2021 Draft Picks. I posted a separate thread about it in the Rosters forum but figured I would let you all know here too in case anyone is wanting to re-start a franchise or run their team's season back!
Old 10-16-2021, 04:15 PM   #1075
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Haven't updated in awhile. Life, other games and a huge division lead have slowed me down a bit. But my Braves are about to get through the dog days of August and enter September of 2021.

We're rolling while the Mets have had a tough month. We've opened up an 18.5 game lead in the East. So it's just a matter of time until we lock up another division title.

We're planning to call up Heredia and Ynoa when rosters expand. Heredia will give us a true CF. Ynoa has had a strong season at Gwinnett, so we want to see him at the big-league level. We'll probably platoon him and Newcomb in the fifth rotation spot/bullpen in September. Once Gwinnett's season is over, we'll look at making some other moves to get ready for October.

Playoff races
NL
The Braves and Dodgers have all but locked up division titles. The Padres are in a good spot for the first wild card. The Central is a three-way race among the Brewers, Reds and Cardinals. The two teams that fall short of the Central title are battling the Mets for the second wild card.

AL
Kind of similar to the NL. The Yankees and Astros are in control of their divisions. The White Sox have passed the Twins in the Central, but it's still a tight race and the runner-up will likely grab the first wild card. The Red Sox, Indians and A's are competing for the second wild card.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2021, 05:59 PM   #1076
Pro

Itsma806's Arena

2022 Baltimore Orioles 04/26-04/27

Overall record:8-11 (3rd AL East)

Game Results:
04/26
Orioles-1
Rays-5

04/27
Orioles-5
Rays-2

Orioles lose Galvis and Valdez to injury, split series with Rays.

Freddy Galvis pulled a calf muscle diving for a grounder on Tuesday and is expected to miss 1-2 weeks. Felipe Valdez (rookie SP) was hit in the face by a bouncing ball in the same inning and suffered a black eye. He is day to day.

In that first game of the series, the Orioles took the early 1-0 lead when D.J Stewart hit his fourth homer of the season in the third inning. Unfortunately, like several other game this season, the one run would be the only run for Baltimore while Tampa scored five all of which came in the last three innings. Tampa took game one 5-1.

Game two saw the Orioles bats 'come alive' to a tune of ten hits and five runs while Baltimore pitchers held Tampa to just two runs.

Despite the young staff, Baltimore pitching has been pretty good this year. Unfortunately, they just are not getting the run support they need. Hopefully, the success in game two can continue as Baltimore will now start a four game series against the Oakland Athletics who currently have the best record in the MLB (14-4).
Old 10-18-2021, 04:22 PM   #1077
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Goldy and the bullpen power Cards to series win over Pirates

The Cardinals (15-13) took 2 out of 3 from the Pirates in St.Louis over the weekend and now sit just 1.5 games back of the division leading Brewers.

Paul Goldschmidt was the offensive MVP of this series going 7 for 11 with 9 RBI's and 5 doubles. Goldy still has just one homerun on the season, but is hitting .320 with now an NL tying 24 RBI's on the year.

The bullpen was also strong this series pitching 10 full innings giving up zero runs and just 3 hits. This comes after the Cards did some shuffling of their bullpen arms by recalling Genesis Cabrera and Giovanny Gallegos from Memphis.

After an off day on Monday, the Cardinals will welcome the Royals to town for a brief 2 game series.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 10-18-2021 at 06:25 PM.
Old 10-18-2021, 06:33 PM   #1078
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Tyler O'Neill suffers torn groin, out until after All-Star Break

The Cardinals offense suffered a blow as outfield Tyler O'Neill suffered a torn groin in yesterday's ball game. O'Neill will miss at least 2 months with the injury and isn't expected to return until after the All-Star break.

O'Neill was playing well hitting .286 with 5 homeruns and 20 RBI's along with 4 stolen bases, batting out of the #6 spot in the lineup. Not to mention his exceptional glove in the outfield that led him to being a 2022 Gold Glove winner.

The Cardinals will have a decision to make as to who takes over the everyday duties. For now, it appears that Lane Thomas, Justin Toener and Justin Williams, who was recalled from Memphis, will rotate through to see who will land there. You could also see Tommy Edman move from 2nd to left and either Nick Dunn or Marwin Gonzalez get the 2nd base job everyday until O'Neill returns.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 10-20-2021, 02:25 PM   #1079
Rookie

Question for Classic Roster makers during franchise... Has anyone who has played with classic rosters tried using legend players during franachise mode and if so has it caused any issues? I'd like to use legend players instead of CAP if their ages are similar during franchise mode, but was wondering if their "Legend Status" caused any issues during frnachise mode.
Old 10-22-2021, 05:22 PM   #1080
Pro

Itsma806's Arena

2022 Baltimore Orioles 04/28-05/04

Overall Record:10-15 (4th AL EAST)

Standings
Spoiler

Game Results
04/28
Baltimore-0
Oakland-2

04/29
Baltimore-2
Oakland-5

04/30
Baltimore-2
Oakland-4

05/01
Baltimore-3
Oakland-2

05/03
Baltimore-7
Miami-6

05/04
Baltimore-8
Miami-9

Orioles shake things up after disappointing mont of April

The Baltimore Orioles entered the 2022 season with high expectations after winning the division in 2021. The teams play in the first month of the new season did not live up to those expectations. At 8-14 and with statistically the worst offense in the league, something had to change and a lot did change. The Orioles signed a few veterans out of free agency, sent some young players back to the minors and made a trade sending a household name to Miami. Below is a list of transactions made by the team.

05/01
Signed SS Marqin Gonzalez to a 2 year 8.40M contact
Signed RP Joe Smith to a 2 year 3.20M contract
Signed RP Darren O'Day to a 2 year 3.00M contract
Signed 2b Donovan Solano to a 4 year 12.00M contract

Acquired CP Anthony Bass from the Marlins for 1B Trey Mancini

Optioned RF Delmon Saroyan to Triple A Norfolk
Optioned 1B Ken Grubb to Triple A Norfolk
Optioned 2B Willy Aguilar to Triple A Norfolk
Optioned RP Tyler Johnson to Triple A Norfolk
Optioned SP Felipe Valdez to Triple A Norfolk

05/02
Acquired SP Darryl Sharpe, 1B Derek Boyce and RF Johnny Francisco from the White Sox for SP Tom Eshelman
Acquired 2B Luis Terrero from the Red Sox for SP Bruce Zimmerman

The young players were struggling and most were likely brought up to the MLB team too soon. They will continue to develop in the minors until their skillset can better assist the MLB team. Letting go of Trey Mancini was hard but he has struggled since last season and his trade freed up some cap space.

So far the Orioles have a winning record in may and hopefully that will continue as the team travels to Seattle for a four game set.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »