Home

MLB The Show 21 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2021, 10:55 AM   #25
Pro

legacyme3's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB The Show 21 Franchise Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayyoungjr
Nothing I've seen seems to be super accurate. My guess is won't be for a bit
Yeah... great job removing Y2Y saves SDS.

We will have to wait for the first roster update (that isn't the launch update) to see if they add players like Kim, Sawamura, Arihara, etc, and to see whether or not they put in face scans for minor leaguers like Torkelson, etc once they can be put in the game (if they even get put in the game at all, yet to see if minor leaguers will really be updated or if what we get this year is what we get).

Minor league seasons don't start until next month.

While roster makers can get to work on these guys, historically, haven't we always used the SDS version of players once possible? In general, I expect franchise to be entirely unplayable until next month, which is a big shame.

Thank god they at least partnered with Ridin to make it a "little" easier on the roster makers ends, as they may only have to do 20% of the work, instead of 100% of the work from scratch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2021, 11:24 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm gonna do a fantasy draft but as I was playing around with it (XB noob although 1-0 in ranked season and forced a rage quit after a big comeback in the 7th and 8th lol) and I can't seem to find a way to save my fantasy draft part way through and it's gonna take a while.

Is there really no way to save partway through a fantasy draft? Even an autosave feature???

Kwatcha was the name of the rage quitter by the way. Wakanda Earthquake was the team. He was beating me 2-0 until the 7th. I was taking my initiation like a champ!
Old 04-17-2021, 11:28 AM   #27
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

Since i dont have to worry about sounds of the show I can start the franchise asap and try to do full 162. Now i just got to pick a team. My choices are dodgers padres Mets Yankees braves white Sox help me out guys

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned
Old 04-17-2021, 11:53 AM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan28
Off to a rocky start in my Jays franchise. Lost the first two against the Yankees.

Game 1 - close game lost 3-2 on a walk of HR.
Game 2 - Got blown out 11-4

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

To add on to this post. Just wrapped up the series and I got swept!

Lost game 3 4-0 and left ELEVEN runners on base...

Old 04-17-2021, 12:08 PM   #29
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
I went standard PS4, so I have a few more days to wait. Going with the Braves (as always). Interesting seeing CB going with the DH on; I'm leaning toward going with it off this year after playing with it on last year.

I'm not deleting 20 until I'm sure I like 21. I have my old franchise on standby just in case.
I need to update my original post. I couldn't do it. I was about to start the game against the Nationals and was thinking how it will be different managing with a DH full time versus making decisions based on pitcher in lineup, and I wasn't ready to give up the pitcher hitting and that strategy.

So I'm playing with traditional DH rules

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-17-2021, 12:51 PM   #30
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I need to update my original post. I couldn't do it. I was about to start the game against the Nationals and was thinking how it will be different managing with a DH full time versus making decisions based on pitcher in lineup, and I wasn't ready to give up the pitcher hitting and that strategy.

Yeah, I played a season last year with the DH on. Then started another season with it off and I remembered how fun it was. And it helps the AI with bullpen usage. It seems like the AI would barely pinch hit in the AL.

CB, what roster are you going with?
Old 04-17-2021, 12:52 PM   #31
Rookie

Jayyoungjr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

I thought about going with the universal DH but think I'm going traditional as well when I get to that point.

I'll be interested in they there doing in the independent league where you get a DH until the starter is removed from the game and then thr pitcher spot has to hit thereafter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2021, 01:16 PM   #32
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
Yeah, I played a season last year with the DH on. Then started another season with it off and I remembered how fun it was. And it helps the AI with bullpen usage. It seems like the AI would barely pinch hit in the AL.

CB, what roster are you going with?

I do my own roster. I downloaded the latest roster update, made my updates and I’m off and running

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »