Home

Stadium Creator Thread (Help And Chat)

This is a discussion on Stadium Creator Thread (Help And Chat) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2021, 12:38 PM   #17
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Stadium Creator Thread

I have a love hate relationship with stadium creator.

I play rtts games at a developer created stadium, and think "oh, I like how they push the last section near the foul pole like that," then I try and do it, and I realize I can't. The bullpens take up space on the sides, so the corners have to be rounded.

It's hard to explain if you haven't seen it. Or maybe I'm an idiot and just can't figure it out.

I hope they add features like bullpen in the outfield. Not having that really makes a lot of designs difficult to pull off.
Old 04-18-2021, 01:04 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yes just go back and flip through the created stadiums it should be there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckster1044
How do you load a saved stadium to edit it? I can’t find my stadium as I go back in to the creator?
Sent from my LM-G900 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-18-2021, 01:06 PM   #19
Rookie

I find the stands and snapping annoying and tedious. Especially not being able to put them around corners snug to the wall

Old 04-18-2021, 01:20 PM   #20
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckster1044
How do you load a saved stadium to edit it? I can’t find my stadium as I go back in to the creator?
I don't know if this will help, but....

I edited a stadium, changed the name, saved and exited. When I did I saw that the stadium I had edited had not changed. So I went back in and got a message asking if I wanted to download it. I clicked on NO, EXITED and when I looked again I saw my edited stadium. Perhaps a glitch?
Old 04-18-2021, 01:21 PM   #21
Rookie

Does anyone know what the templates do? Under stadium properties? Is it just like naming what it is supposed to be for searching I'm the vault? (That doesn't work yet)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2021, 01:44 PM   #22
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorphinrush3000
I find the stands and snapping annoying and tedious. Especially not being able to put them around corners snug to the wall

I think they built it backwards. They should have had seat placement, then sidewall adjustments.

Meaning: I place my field level seats, then I place walls and move them into the shape I want. As the wall cuts into a section of seats, it erases them from the section.

The way they have it, you are are forced into plan shape seating sections, and in the outfield then can't fit around the walls

I suppose another way to do it, would be not having the red line pop up if something is on the field. If its on the field it gets erased. That way the walkways and stairs still lineup.

They also need a "my stadium" area. Unless I'm missing something, when you save a stadium, it overrides the base you started with. I only use the blank one, but there doesn't seem to be an option to save it by itself. I found a duplicate option, but the saving, etc seems wonky.

All in all I think for a first year new thing, they did a great job. It's the type of thing I spend hours on, then start over because it's not perfect lol.

Last edited by BearsNVA; 04-18-2021 at 01:50 PM.
Old 04-18-2021, 02:03 PM   #23
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

I made a petco park inspired stadium if anyone wants to check it out. its Caled "Sobeys Centre" user MeAndBettyWhite.

I went into too much detail probably as I made even areas you can't really see look realistic. Also it maybe a little busy but I like it for a first go.

A few things about the creator. The grass texture looks off compared to actual included stadiums.

No night games is a bummer especially when the commentator says "we are under the lights."

Im also not sure why they didn't add any spots for team logos or generic marketing. Dugout look like 1955 with no ads. The field is too plain and behind home plate is empty.

Also sucks you can't make a building an outfield wall. But I understand the physics of that would be tough.
Old 04-18-2021, 02:04 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsNVA
I think they built it backwards. They should have had seat placement, then sidewall adjustments.

Meaning: I place my field level seats, then I place walls and move them into the shape I want. As the wall cuts into a section of seats, it erases them from the section.

The way they have it, you are are forced into plan shape seating sections, and in the outfield then can't fit around the walls

I suppose another way to do it, would be not having the red line pop up if something is on the field. If its on the field it gets erased. That way the walkways and stairs still lineup.

They also need a "my stadium" area. Unless I'm missing something, when you save a stadium, it overrides the base you started with. I only use the blank one, but there doesn't seem to be an option to save it by itself. I found a duplicate option, but the saving, etc seems wonky.

All in all I think for a first year new thing, they did a great job. It's the type of thing I spend hours on, then start over because it's not perfect lol.
I literally haven't played a game yet lol couple Derby's in the couple I've built to see how it looks/feels.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »