Home

Update file

This is a discussion on Update file within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2021, 07:16 PM   #9
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: 1.50 GB update on Xbox Series X

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Anyone else having issues after this update? It just installed for me but now I can't load the game. Just gets stuck on the opening screen that says "press any button to continue" Nothing happens.

Edit: I let it sit for a few minutes. Demo game started to play. I was able to exit from that. However then it takes me to the game menu, but no response from any controller input there either. I can hit the guide button back to the dashboard. So my controller is responsive to the Xbox. The "press any button" screen has a note that "The controller for the active user is not detected. Please connect to an available port and sign in. Also, The demo game that launched is Marlins vs Cubs. Cubs have just plain grey uniforms. No logos, nothing on the jerseys.

Edit #2: Uninstall of my profile & game data seems to have done the trick.

OK, is anyone else having this issue? I resolved it this morning. Played for a bit. Spent the day doing other things, sat down to play now. Exact same issue. I've forced the game to close. Restarted the console. Same issue. Can't get past the press any button to enter screen. This is getting ridiculous.

Anyone have any idea's or suggestions? I'm about ready to just say screw it and request a refund from MS.
Old 04-17-2021, 08:01 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 5
Update file

just got one I didn’t have yesterday. Anyone know what they changed?
Old 04-17-2021, 08:18 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: 1.50 GB update on Xbox Series X

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
OK, is anyone else having this issue? I resolved it this morning. Played for a bit. Spent the day doing other things, sat down to play now. Exact same issue. I've forced the game to close. Restarted the console. Same issue. Can't get past the press any button to enter screen. This is getting ridiculous.

Anyone have any idea's or suggestions? I'm about ready to just say screw it and request a refund from MS.
This is a problem with the Xbox OS, and it drives me nuts when it happens. I know you said you restarted the console, but did you try a hard reset? You hold the power button on the console until it completely shuts down. That typically resolves the problem, but sometimes you'll just find that the problem resolves itself because the hamsters at Microsoft started to run their wheels again.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »