Home

Fastball Speed Differences?

This is a discussion on Fastball Speed Differences? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2021, 03:19 AM   #1
Rookie

H8ff0000's Arena

OVR: 6
Fastball Speed Differences?

Hey guys,

I was wondering, in this year's game, what are the max speeds for all the fastball variants (4S, 2S, Cut, Run, also including Sink, Split as some people have some very fast ones).

For example, years ago the 4-Seam was 100% the fastest pitch. Is that still true? And if so, by how much? Since I'm still fairly early on, it wouldn't kill me to replace the 4-Seam with a different one with more movement, barring a meaningful drop in speed.

Ideally looking for 5 pitches that have insane speed and movement differences. If the speed can get to the 4-Seam level then I'm thinking 2-Seam, a Changeup of some sort, Slider, a Curve type (the only change I made so far, swapped the base Curve for a 12-6), and for the 5th I'd go Knuckleball.

This is for my Ballplayer in RTTS & DD if that matters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2021, 03:32 AM   #2
Rookie

ExarKub00720's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fastball Speed Differences?

Quote:
Originally Posted by H8ff0000
Hey guys,

I was wondering, in this year's game, what are the max speeds for all the fastball variants (4S, 2S, Cut, Run, also including Sink, Split as some people have some very fast ones).

For example, years ago the 4-Seam was 100% the fastest pitch. Is that still true? And if so, by how much? Since I'm still fairly early on, it wouldn't kill me to replace the 4-Seam with a different one with more movement, barring a meaningful drop in speed.

Ideally looking for 5 pitches that have insane speed and movement differences. If the speed can get to the 4-Seam level then I'm thinking 2-Seam, a Changeup of some sort, Slider, a Curve type (the only change I made so far, swapped the base Curve for a 12-6), and for the 5th I'd go Knuckleball.

This is for my Ballplayer in RTTS & DD if that matters.
4-seam is the bread and butter for pure speed. It doesn’t have much break to it but it’s the capable of 100+ mph on it. Others can come close and all pitches do have an upper and lower range to them as well. So this means things like cutters or 2-seam maxed out might make it to 100 too but the 4-seam will be the most consistently fastest.

I should warn you some, hate to be bearer of bad news but for now it seems getting 4th and 5th pitch is broken and no one can seem to get it, also there is no knuckleball for ball players to use as well.

Last edited by ExarKub00720; 04-27-2021 at 03:36 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »