Home

Do You Like Pitcher Deliveries?

This is a discussion on Do You Like Pitcher Deliveries? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2021, 09:18 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Do You Like Pitcher Deliveries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike83
Pitching deliveries have always been the biggest wart in the game Someone around here said it was like they were lobbing softballs to the plate. I never could understand why SDS has never address this. That "other game" from the Far East nailed down pitching animations/motions two console generations ago. There's really no excuse why this can't be perfected now.
It’s demonstrably false that they haven’t addressed it; it’s gone from pretty bad to pretty good over the past 12 years or so, and this year is the best yet. You are however absolutely correct that they’re still mostly not great and that’s surprising. Maybe this gen is the gen they finally get it right. We’ll see.
Old 04-21-2021, 09:35 PM   #18
Rookie

SaltLakeBrave's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
Pitch deliveries are the best they’ve ever been this year....... I have no idea how someone came to the conclusion they’ve gotten worse

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

One delivery did get worse though, and that would be Sean Newcomb of the Braves. Sean has a buttery smooth delivery in real life, and in the game until this years game.

Old 04-21-2021, 09:52 PM   #19
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I think they are way too slow and the arm action is nowhere near as violent as real life. Mariano Rivera is one prime example. His arm action in the game looks like he is throwing BP.

The motions themselves are accurate, but the speed and whip of the arms are the issue.
This has been driving me nuts since Greg Maddux was still on an active roster. And I'm sure the same godawful pitching animation they gave him in 2006 is still in the game in 2021.
Old 04-21-2021, 10:31 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowingForVengeance
This has been driving me nuts since Greg Maddux was still on an active roster. And I'm sure the same godawful pitching animation they gave him in 2006 is still in the game in 2021.

It is along with a lot others.

Old 04-21-2021, 10:35 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
Pitch deliveries are the best they’ve ever been this year....... I have no idea how someone came to the conclusion they’ve gotten worse

Don’t get me wrong they have improved on some aspects of it but with certain arm angles and follow throughs they just haven’t got it. Look at Trevor Bauer this year and compare him to last years. Last years was so much better. Like I said also a lot of motions look like there lobbing the ball and not whipping it. Zach Davies has a heavy arm whip and in the game he’s throwing BP.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2021, 11:16 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmason13
Is it me or pitchers deliveries get worse and worse every year. Some have a slow motion delivery when they have a faster motion in there delivery (Ohtani prime example) and some deliveries are so robotic and stiff (Joe Kelly).

I hear you. I hope at least next year or the year after they become more lifelike.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2021, 11:19 PM   #23
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

I'm not entirely sure if the animations on the movement are 100% correct or not, but what I do know is that the violent aggression is not present the way it should be. Them dudes IRL are slingin it...
Old 04-21-2021, 11:37 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 1

Arm speed is way too slow in this game. They haven’t addressed it for years

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »