Home

mlb 21 PS4 EDETION.. IS IT JUST ME

This is a discussion on mlb 21 PS4 EDETION.. IS IT JUST ME within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2021, 07:50 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
mlb 21 PS4 EDETION.. IS IT JUST ME

Does anyone else think the game is on steroids and plays so fast. The ball comes off the bat so fast, half or the time I can't see the ball on grounders and don't have time to react. Also my biggest gripe is the camera views.. I can't for the life of me find a view that don't make my outfielders look like I'm watching them from a blimp a mile high.. The camera never zooms in on them and they look like tiny midgets. I have tried every camera view I can find..It wasn't this way in MLB 20.. They also took the camera LOW view adjustment away.. The broadcast view is supposed to be like watching a game on tv. The camera on TV follows the ball and focus on the player and zooms in.. And now you can't even set a custom camera only on pitcher and batter.. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.. It's getting hard to see at 70 years old.. About ready to give up on it. It's coming to the point that I have to play with auto fielding on, and that kind of kills the fun out of it..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2021, 01:57 AM   #2
Pro

Re: mlb 21 PS4 EDETION.. IS IT JUST ME

Thank you so much for all the answers and suggestions.. Very kind of you all..
Old 04-23-2021, 08:46 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

My guess is that most people are playing the PS5 edition or have stuck with 20 for PS4.

I will tell you this...when I did the technical play test a while ago on the PS4, something seemed off about the pace of the game. Also the graphics were pretty bad in some areas like the lights in that park they made you play in...

C
Old 04-23-2021, 08:59 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
My guess is that most people are playing the PS5 edition or have stuck with 20 for PS4.

C
Yes, I think I am one of the many PS4 owners just not seeing any real reason to shell out full price for this version. Heck, I'm still not sure I'd pay half price. For an offline franchise/RTTS player, there is really nothing exciting in 21. Especially after seeing your observations.
Old 04-23-2021, 10:21 AM   #5
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

OVR: 0

I have 21 on PS4 Pro

It does look better graphically, not much but a little bit. It plays a better game on the field and at least in my opinion it seems to run a little smoother fps wise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2021, 11:06 AM   #6
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

I would be interested in hearing more PS4 (not pro) impressions. If there are some in this forum somewhere please link me. Wondering if fielding improvements/general gameplay or cameras are worth the upgrade.
Old 04-23-2021, 07:33 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm playing 21 on the ps4, about 2 and half years ago I bought a 4k smart tv, 65'' because my eyesight renders me McGoo style. best thing I could have done.
also (& however) I use autofield, because I want to be totally immersed as the pitcher, and know that the 7 guys behind me have my back, for better or worse. I do have to have manual throwing on though. can't be completely dependent on my teammates abilities or lack thereof lol

A Work in Progress
Old 04-23-2021, 07:42 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I am playing on PS4 (not pro) and do feel it's a bit fast. However, I thought the same of the last few seasons as well, but after a week or so, the speed seemed to be normal (without slider adjustment). The graphics are improved, and the presentation graphics are much better than any previous year.

Little tweaks to franchise, but I didn't expect big changes as the next-gen and additional systems most likely limited great improvements.

The changes in menu interface and menu presentation is much appreciated as soon as I figure out the best way to navigate after years of the same menus and display.

As soon as we get some Total Minors rosters and hopefully a SOTS fix, I'll be perfectly fine. The game play is so good, and we forget that as it's been their standard. This game is too much fun and more challenging this year than previous.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »