Home

PS4 JR edition with PS5 code

This is a discussion on PS4 JR edition with PS5 code within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2021, 12:35 PM   #1
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

OVR: 0
PS4 JR edition with PS5 code

Can someone explain how this works, I have this edition and I’m confused on the steps I need to take to get the ps5 next Gen edition through a code...can’t find code ...on box it reads -Code for PS5 edition included..?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2021, 02:00 PM   #2
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: PS4 JR edition with PS5 code

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckermaine
Can someone explain how this works, I have this edition and I’m confused on the steps I need to take to get the ps5 next Gen edition through a code...can’t find code ...on box it reads -Code for PS5 edition included..?
mine had a little pamphlet or card in it that hat a code on the back. You then go into the playstation store and top right beside the cart icon it says more I think or something like that, I dunno the icon beside the cart anyways lol. if you click on that there is a redeem code option. Type in the code and it will say successful and download the ps5 version.

on your dashboard if you click on the game it will open a bigger picture of the game and there is a spot with 3 dots. if you click on it you can switch between the ps5 and ps4 versions
Old 04-16-2021, 02:35 PM   #3
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
mine had a little pamphlet or card in it that hat a code on the back. You then go into the playstation store and top right beside the cart icon it says more I think or something like that, I dunno the icon beside the cart anyways lol. if you click on that there is a redeem code option. Type in the code and it will say successful and download the ps5 version.

on your dashboard if you click on the game it will open a bigger picture of the game and there is a spot with 3 dots. if you click on it you can switch between the ps5 and ps4 versions
Thank you very much...you’ve been answering a lot of questions as of late it’s appreciated

I beg to ask one last one..
So I have my PS4 20 franchise saved to cloud and I tried on my PS4 21 to upload it and it was not there
I know we can’t save or upload from PS4 to ps5 but I thought I could go ps4 20 to PS4 21

Last edited by tuckermaine; 04-16-2021 at 02:37 PM.
Old 04-16-2021, 02:49 PM   #4
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

Quote:
Thank you very much...you’ve been answering a lot of questions as of late it’s appreciated

I beg to ask one last one..
So I have my PS4 20 franchise saved to cloud and I tried on my PS4 21 to upload it and it was not there
I know we can’t save or upload from PS4 to ps5 but I thought I could go ps4 20 to PS4 21
Sorry man, No year to year saves at all this year.
Old 04-16-2021, 03:02 PM   #5
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
Sorry man, No year to year saves at all this year.
Thought so wasn’t sure...wow I create 6 to 7 teams every year...oh well start from scratch I guess...
Thanks...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2021, 05:01 PM   #6
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty

I found a redeem code....typed in ...nothing I don’t think I have PS5 version ..sorry I tried following your instructions...I’m not getting it..it never said I have successfully downloaded ps5..?.

Thank you anyway..in flabbergasted around so more
Old 04-16-2021, 05:18 PM   #7
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
I found a redeem code....typed in ...nothing I don’t think I have PS5 version ..sorry I tried following your instructions...I’m not getting it..it never said I have successfully downloaded ps5..?.

Thank you anyway..in flabbergasted around so more
So I don't have mine yet but with madden there was an option in the drop down next to where it says play and it let you change to the ps5 version or the ps4 version and would offer the download if you didn't have it. If you installed from the disc my guess is it defaulted to the ps4 version.

Like I said, I have to install mine still as I am still at work but I know that is how madden worked.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 04-16-2021, 05:21 PM   #8
Rookie

I am running into a huge issue. I typed in the code I had a message pop up now it is just saying I have the ps5 version queued for download and it says it’s the standard edition queued for download and not the JR edition

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »