Home

Hitting Tips/So Many Flyballs

This is a discussion on Hitting Tips/So Many Flyballs within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2021, 03:41 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Hitting Tips/So Many Flyballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Purist
i, too, have been playing pop-up simulator for the past couple of games. I'm finding hitting so far to be less rewarding even with good PCI placement. It has me considering going from "simulation" to "competitive".
Let me know what you find if you do try competitive!
Old 05-02-2021, 12:42 PM   #10
Rookie

Relichris's Arena

For the last few years, I’ve sorta been getting this issue (even though I’m playing as the Twins with all their power bats). I use Zone hitting, and was on Dynamic difficulty starting from AS. But since any contact from the ball ends up in a glove, the difficulty dropped to Veteran+, which didn’t make my offense any better.

Normally, I would be able to get hits, some doubles, but it’s ridiculous I can’t hit a HR even with my lineup. So I switched the difficulty to regular AS and increased my Hit Power and Solid hit sliders. Only been a few games, but it hasn’t improved much. I haven’t scored more than 3 runs in a game since the first game in my franchise.

Now when it comes to my style of hitting, I choose not to use the Power Swing and Contact Swing. Which means I just use normal (X) swing. I also think FB and Offspeed pitch speed is a factor as well. Since I have bad hand-eye coordination, I’m trying to find a balance to where I’m not too early or too late on pitches.

Hope this gives some insight, and I’m looking for any tips I can.
XML - DENVER BRONCOS, 51-17 (6-3, playoffs)

Record: 145-51 (13-7, playoff record, 2-time SB Champ)

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/relichris
Old 05-02-2021, 01:28 PM   #11
MVP

I bumped USER and CPU power up to 6 each and the results have been great. I also have Solid Hits down at 4 for USER and CPU too. Everything else at default.

In the few games I've played since then, it felt like the pop was back. Just won a game 6-3, teams had 9 hits each, and there were 5 home runs total. It actually felt like the ball travelled when I hit it well, but I was still getting punished for poor timing or swing selection. It felt a lot more balanced.

5 homers is more than average but nothing crazy and is fine if it's the high end of what you get. I'll keep an eye over the coming games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2021, 01:28 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relichris
For the last few years, I’ve sorta been getting this issue (even though I’m playing as the Twins with all their power bats). I use Zone hitting, and was on Dynamic difficulty starting from AS. But since any contact from the ball ends up in a glove, the difficulty dropped to Veteran+, which didn’t make my offense any better.

Normally, I would be able to get hits, some doubles, but it’s ridiculous I can’t hit a HR even with my lineup. So I switched the difficulty to regular AS and increased my Hit Power and Solid hit sliders. Only been a few games, but it hasn’t improved much. I haven’t scored more than 3 runs in a game since the first game in my franchise.

Now when it comes to my style of hitting, I choose not to use the Power Swing and Contact Swing. Which means I just use normal (X) swing. I also think FB and Offspeed pitch speed is a factor as well. Since I have bad hand-eye coordination, I’m trying to find a balance to where I’m not too early or too late on pitches.

Hope this gives some insight, and I’m looking for any tips I can.
Do not underestimate contact swinging. Try adding it to your game.
Old 05-02-2021, 08:27 PM   #13
Rookie

Relichris's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvantu
Do not underestimate contact swinging. Try adding it to your game.

One of the reasons that I just use X button swing is I would like the ratings, for the most part, to dictate the influence of power or contact. Also it just feels natural to press X than it does to press square or circle. Just my opinion and thought process.

But I did have a better game today, where I came back from a 5-1 deficit to win 8-6 in extra innings. And the walkoff was a 2 run homer. Snapped my 7 game losing streak.
XML - DENVER BRONCOS, 51-17 (6-3, playoffs)

Record: 145-51 (13-7, playoff record, 2-time SB Champ)

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/relichris

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »