Home

Old 04-28-2021, 09:42 PM   #1
Rookie

Doyoueven85's Arena

OVR: 0
Surprise mashers

Whatís up,

Every year I fire up a franchise or season if you want to go old school lol, and every year I have a player that surprises me with a great season that I never expected. So who is a player you rake with, that doesnít actually rake?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2021, 09:44 PM   #2
Rookie

Doyoueven85's Arena

Re: Surprise mashers

Iíll start. Matt Carpenter. Makes no sense. I dont get it either. Iím convinced itís his batting stance.
Old 04-29-2021, 09:55 AM   #3
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyoueven85
Iíll start. Matt Carpenter. Makes no sense. I dont get it either. Iím convinced itís his batting stance.

Yeah, I always find there's certain guys that just rake for me because of their stance, regardless of their ratings.

Still playing 20 since I can't get my hands on a PS5, but Shed Long for Seattle had a 30 homer campaign for me (And hit close to .300 for the entire season...) in my Mariners franchise.

Doing a Jays one right now, and made a trade for Willie Calhoun, who's pretty much doing the same for me now. Wild.
Old 04-29-2021, 09:59 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7
Doing a Jays one right now, and made a trade for Willie Calhoun, who's pretty much doing the same for me now. Wild.
Was about to say, Willie Calhoun has been quite OP in MLB 20 and 21. He always seem to hit homers in games I play against him, and also in CPU vs CPU which I've also done a lot.

I do think his attributes are rated too high for the player he is, but that's another topic.
Old 04-29-2021, 11:00 AM   #5
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito
Was about to say, Willie Calhoun has been quite OP in MLB 20 and 21. He always seem to hit homers in games I play against him, and also in CPU vs CPU which I've also done a lot.

I do think his attributes are rated too high for the player he is, but that's another topic.
The roster that I'm using has him with low 60's contact, mid 60's power, and non-existent D. I picked him up for some depth, thinking he might progress a bit since his potential is still reasonable, but never planned on actually putting him in.

Couple weeks later, Springer, Bichette and Baby Vlad were all on the DL, and I had nobody else available. Willie CalBoooooom.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2021, 12:09 PM   #6
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

Iíve picked up Willie in my Pirates franchise to play 2nd for me hoping for some pop.

Havenít been able to hit a lick with him yet, but this thread gives me hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Old 04-29-2021, 02:20 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

JaCoby Jones of the Tigers. His ratings are pretty low, yet in 21 games in my Tigers franchise, he is hitting .319 with 5 HR and 17 RBI.
Old 04-29-2021, 05:22 PM   #8
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Rowdy Tellez and its because I know every at bat the cpu is going to throw him 90% of the time up in the zone and a ton of fastballs. He leads my team in HRs every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »