Home

MLB The Show Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show Trade Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2021, 11:28 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7
I think the most important thing to look at when you're making moves is "Does this trade make any sense for the other team?"

From a FV/SV perspective, Gallo is worth $13.6 mil. Eierman and Allen add up to $2.0. An argument could be made from either side here on Heard's value. I agree that if you're going by Oakland's average draft position, he's likely someone who got picked late in the first round. Using last years draft rankings, a comparable could be Nick Bitsko, 18 YO picked 24th OA by the Rays.

Bitsko's value is $10.3 mil. So, you've got around $12.3 mil in SV. If you look at the fact that Gallo is being traded in his own division, you should probably go on the high end of his value ($16.1).

End of the day, everyone is free to make their own trades, but IMO, you're probably light, and I'm not sure you're meeting the Rangers needs. They've got Huff as their catcher of the future. I'd say swap Allen out for someone like Daulton Jefferies and you're a lot closer in terms of what it would take.

IMO, Eierman steps in within a year or two and becomes a utility player in the short term, Jefferies is likely close enough to use in the near term as well, and Heard jumps in behind Winn and Crouse to form their future rotation.
The problem is Eierman is worth more than $2M surplus based on his in game ratings and potential. MLB ready shortstops with a potential of Trevor Story is worth more than $2M.

Now he isnt that good irl, but he is in game. If you go by real life ONLY, you can stack a team of A potential players at every position by trading low end guys.

So what I am saying is, you have to account for his potential in game as well. An MLB ready SS with perennial All-Star potential is worth a lot.
Old 05-07-2021, 11:36 AM   #50
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
How reliable is this trade simulator? How accurately does it represent a player's value?

For example, Lourdes Gurriel Jr.'s value is like 1 according to that trade simulator. In game, however, he's mid-high 80s overall at 27 years old. If I go by the trade simulator alone, I can get him for basically any player on my roster.

Why does the trade simulator value him so low, and what other factors should be considered in terms of the value he holds?
The trade simulator will not work with base MLB the show rosters. The people who are telling you to use it will also tell you that you need to wait for OSFM rosters.

It also gives people some very poor evaluations.

I.e. Chris Paddack being worth 45. That means I could trade Paddack and get Hader, a small spec and the Brewers number one spec Turang for Paddack. That isnt even close to true.

You can go on and on but some players are not accurate on there and it does not work at all with the base rosters
Old 05-07-2021, 11:44 AM   #51
MVP

GamecocksLaw17's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
How reliable is this trade simulator? How accurately does it represent a player's value?

For example, Lourdes Gurriel Jr.'s value is like 1 according to that trade simulator. In game, however, he's mid-high 80s overall at 27 years old. If I go by the trade simulator alone, I can get him for basically any player on my roster.

Why does the trade simulator value him so low, and what other factors should be considered in terms of the value he holds?
The issue is that Gurriel plays a poor defense and has substandard OBP skills. Those matter more in real baseball than the video game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2021, 11:45 AM   #52
MVP

GamecocksLaw17's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Fanatic
The problem is Eierman is worth more than $2M surplus based on his in game ratings and potential. MLB ready shortstops with a potential of Trevor Story is worth more than $2M.

Now he isnt that good irl, but he is in game. If you go by real life ONLY, you can stack a team of A potential players at every position by trading low end guys.

So what I am saying is, you have to account for his potential in game as well. An MLB ready SS with perennial All-Star potential is worth a lot.
Then do the trade if that's how you feel. That is not how we have used this thread for the 5+ years I've been involved. We use real values because its just a constant way to do it instead of making each posted give 400 details about their particular franchise. But yeah we can't be much help for 2024 trades because there are too many variables.
Old 05-07-2021, 12:01 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecocksLaw17
Then do the trade if that's how you feel. That is not how we have used this thread for the 5+ years I've been involved. We use real values because its just a constant way to do it instead of making each posted give 400 details about their particular franchise. But yeah we can't be much help for 2024 trades because there are too many variables.
Its not my trade to make. People who need help with fictional players, and trades in the future should be able to get help is all I am saying and its very easy to help people who have deals that include different ratings and fictional players.

We cant immediately dismiss people because they have a different roster.

We also dont need 400 details. If youve ever played OOTP, you know its easy to determine value based on stats of the last few years and ratings.

You need

Years of service time
Stats of last 3 years
Financial situation
Ratings
Situation of each team
Old 05-07-2021, 12:02 PM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecocksLaw17
The issue is that Gurriel plays a poor defense and has substandard OBP skills. Those matter more in real baseball than the video game.
In the show he has very high OBP skills lol
Old 05-07-2021, 12:10 PM   #55
Just started!

I actually agree that real life goes out in the window when discussing trades in franchise. There are wayyy too many variables as far as ratings, how many years in the future, injuries, team records that cannot be be evaluated properly by real life values
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2021, 12:29 PM   #56
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

I am thinking about starting a franchise with the Cardinals but I think they are too right-handed heavy. How realistic would it be for them to acquire Corey Seager? I just read an article that some baseball executives put Seager's name out there to be possibly traded this year. Probably not likely but if the offer was too good for the Dodgers to pass up they would take it.

Seager is rated 42.6 and DeJong is 18.

I could include Dakota Hudson who is rated 28 but the Dodgers have enough depth in pitching and he wouldn't make the rotation barring an injury. Liberatore is rated 25 so I could do him if need be.

What about

Cardinals give:
DeJong 18 (would give the Dodgers a SS until at least 2023)
Gallegos 17.8 (would give the Dodgers another solid bullpen arm)
Jordan Walker 10.8 (would possibly be another option for a Turner replacement)
Total: 46.6

Dodgers give:
Seager 42.6
Nelson 1.6
Total: 44.2

I don't know if this offer would excite the Dodgers. What are your thoughts?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »