Home

Show 21- baserunning question.

This is a discussion on Show 21- baserunning question. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2021, 12:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Show 21- baserunning question.

So I’m having a really hard time advancing a base runner from third to home. I hit left on the analog stick and the x button and for some reason the runner always pauses and then starts running super delayed after they throw the ball into the infield. Needless to say I get thrown out by a mile and it just looks ridiculous. I can advance individual runners no problem from any other base, just not third to home. Anyone have any idea what I’m doing wrong here? It’s really ruining the game for me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2021, 12:47 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Show 21- baserunning question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisislegendary
So I’m having a really hard time advancing a base runner from third to home. I hit left on the analog stick and the x button and for some reason the runner always pauses and then starts running super delayed after they throw the ball into the infield. Needless to say I get thrown out by a mile and it just looks ridiculous. I can advance individual runners no problem from any other base, just not third to home. Anyone have any idea what I’m doing wrong here? It’s really ruining the game for me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Are you trying to advance him before he reaches third base? I advance him as early as I can and haven't ran into your issue. I don't mean to seem like I'm implying any wrongdoing on your part since you said you can advance other bases without any problems.
Old 05-01-2021, 12:49 PM   #3
Rookie

Yeah I’m trying to advance him before he touches third base, so like right before he hits third base, I hit the left analog stick and the x button. Is that what you do? Maybe I’m hitting the wrong buttons?
Old 05-01-2021, 12:55 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Yeah I’m trying to advance him before he touches third base, so like right before he hits third base, I hit the left analog stick and the x button. Is that what you do? Maybe I’m hitting the wrong buttons?
If you're on PlayStation you're doing it right

If you're on Xbox you're doing it wrong.
Old 05-01-2021, 01:08 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvantu
If you're on PlayStation you're doing it right

If you're on Xbox you're doing it wrong.
Ha yeah, it’s PlayStation. I’m not new to the game either but haven’t played since 17, so didn’t know if anything changed... really weird.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2021, 01:10 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Ha yeah, it’s PlayStation. I’m not new to the game either but haven’t played since 17, so didn’t know if anything changed... really weird.
I think you may be trying to advance the runner too late. Sounds like he isn't rounding the base which is causing the hesitation. I normally advance him as soon as I can, which usually ends up when he's halfway to third.
Old 05-01-2021, 01:13 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvantu
I think you may be trying to advance the runner too late. Sounds like he isn't rounding the base which is causing the hesitation. I normally advance him as soon as I can, which usually ends up when he's halfway to third.
Thanks for the help man. I’ll try advancing earlier and see if it helps. You may be right and maybe I’m waiting too long. Appreciate your input.
Old 05-01-2021, 01:17 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for the help man. I’ll try advancing earlier and see if it helps. You may be right and maybe I’m waiting too long. Appreciate your input.
No problem. Let me know how it goes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »