Home

Free MLB The Show 21 Thank You Bundle Available Now

This is a discussion on Free MLB The Show 21 Thank You Bundle Available Now within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2021, 08:45 PM   #17
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Free MLB The Show 21 Thank You Bundle Available Now

Seems like all year they've been very keen to "thank us" for our "patience and support" rather than apologise for their mistakes and problems. Maybe it's a corporate liability thing and they're told not to apologise, but it rubs me the wrong way.
Old 05-07-2021, 08:55 PM   #18
Rookie

IUThor40's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Your skepticism might be more understandable if Diamond Dynasty wasn’t the most player-friendly of all these ultimate team modes. They give out high-level cards like nothing, and even the highest can be acquired just by playing the game. And not in a “need to grind for six months to actually encourage you to spend money” way that other games do.

If someone wants to spend extra on DD, would they take the money? Sure, of course. But this gesture isn’t moving that needle for anyone, not when you can already get better cards than whatever’s in the standard packs they just gave out.

This is just the same thing they do every year because the servers are always terrible at launch.

I guess I just think there’s a slice of the DD crowd that will pay for the instant gratification of getting a certain player, and so will spend money. And if a free bundle causes 25 new players, for instance, and 1 pays into DD, money made. Bump that up on a larger scale, and it gets people in. It’s the same principle that DFS sites do with beginner or free entry contests. Their goal is to get you hooked, and reap the rewards down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Indiana Pacers
Old 05-07-2021, 09:14 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
They don’t have to give anything.

Is it really that hard to be appreciative of the gesture?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Eh, the game has been out for nearly a month and has had server issues daily, has had popular features(rosters and vaults) not work properly for over half that time, has had RTTS be bugged and progression not work inside of the mode, has had the XP bugged and some people received zero XP for over a week, and that's not all that's gone wrong for the game.

The consumer shouldn't be shamed because they are disappointed a product wasn't working as intended for such a long period of time, and still isn't working 100% properly still.

It's neat they finally communicated with the consumers a month after release, but they don't deserve any pat on the back because of this attempt to save some face.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 05-07-2021, 09:50 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
Did they add the ability back in to buy budget with stubs???
yeah, I phrased that wrong: you use stubs for to purchase sponsorships, which in turn give you the ability to increase your budget. apologies for the confusion

A Work in Progress
Old 05-07-2021, 11:05 PM   #21
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Eh, the game has been out for nearly a month and has had server issues daily, has had popular features(rosters and vaults) not work properly for over half that time, has had RTTS be bugged and progression not work inside of the mode, has had the XP bugged and some people received zero XP for over a week, and that's not all that's gone wrong for the game.

The consumer shouldn't be shamed because they are disappointed a product wasn't working as intended for such a long period of time, and still isn't working 100% properly still.

It's neat they finally communicated with the consumers a month after release, but they don't deserve any pat on the back because of this attempt to save some face.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Where did I say people shouldn't be disappointed? Where did I pat the devs on the back for offering this?

All I said was they don't have to give anything and people should appreciate the fact that they care at least enough about their consumer to offer some type of "compensation" for their consumer having to endure what has been a very rough start.

But some I guess feel so entitled or lack any sort of compassion to at least appreciate the gesture.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 05-07-2021 at 11:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2021, 11:21 PM   #22
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
yeah, I phrased that wrong: you use stubs for to purchase sponsorships, which in turn give you the ability to increase your budget. apologies for the confusion
Hopes... deleted... lol

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 05-08-2021, 03:08 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

[quote=countryboy;2050376528]Where did I say people shouldn't be disappointed? Where did I pat the devs on the back for offering this?

All I said was they don't have to give anything and people should appreciate the fact that they care at least enough about their consumer to offer some type of "compensation" for their consumer having to endure what has been a very rough start.

But some I guess feel so entitled or lack any sort of compassion to at least appreciate the gesture./quote]

We can agree to disagree. I don't think anyone should have to feel appreciative because SDS botched this launch massively and then failed to communicate anything for a month and now is trying to get whatever PR points they can get. This has zero to do with entitlement. They launched a broken product and handled it poorly and now are trying to buy back some goodwill because they realized they messed up.

If I bought a TV from Samsung and it didn't work right, constantly changed channels, shut itself off, etc. and then Samsung never returned my emails or calls, then randomly emailed me a month later saying here is a free $100 coupon towards your next TV as a way for us to show you we feel for you and are sorry, should I feel appreciative there? Hopefully your answer is no. We owe SDS absolutely nothing. We paid for a product a month ago and it didn't work as advertised. That's basically all there is to it.

― Plato
Old 05-08-2021, 07:10 AM   #24
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

We can agree to disagree. I don't think anyone should have to feel appreciative because SDS botched this launch massively and then failed to communicate anything for a month and now is trying to get whatever PR points they can get. This has zero to do with entitlement. They launched a broken product and handled it poorly and now are trying to buy back some goodwill because they realized they messed up.

If I bought a TV from Samsung and it didn't work right, constantly changed channels, shut itself off, etc. and then Samsung never returned my emails or calls, then randomly emailed me a month later saying here is a free $100 coupon towards your next TV as a way for us to show you we feel for you and are sorry, should I feel appreciative there? Hopefully your answer is no. We owe SDS absolutely nothing. We paid for a product a month ago and it didn't work as advertised. That's basically all there is to it.
If you bought a TV that did that, I would hope you're a wise enough consumer to return the thing to the place you bought it instead of waiting for Samsung to offer some type of compensation, fix.

They communicated through social media (Facebook). They were constantly doing server maintenance and thanking the community for their patience while they worked through the server issues.

Just because you can appreciate the fact that the company cares enough to offer something doesn't equal giving them a pass for the mess.

They didn't have to do anything. They could've just said, "we have your money, deal with it." Now that's poor business practice and likely to lose customers for the future, but they could've done that. Or they could've tried fixing the issue without offering any type of "compensation" to their customer base.

But I guess I'm cut from a different cloth than some. I can both recognize that a company messed up, and that they are at least trying to compensate for their mistake by offering something to me as a thank you for continuing to be a customer despite the poor service received.

But we'll agree to disagree because some only care about what's wrong and are quick with the snarky comments to buy the praise of like minded individuals on an internet message board.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 05-08-2021 at 07:17 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »