Home

New Sounds Of The Show

This is a discussion on New Sounds Of The Show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2021, 04:50 PM   #9
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Sounds Of The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsoncomet
Losing SOTS was certainly extremely disappointing. But enough has been said on that topic, so I am not going to harp on it anymore here.

Instead I wanted to mention that I think SDS did a great job of implementing music (their own soundtrack) into the game. I specifically like the songs that come on at the end of an inning (as the game would be heading to commercial)
They did a great job of audio for the end of inning song as it comes on quite loudly.

What I am wondering is, how hard do you guys think it would be for SDS to continue to add songs into the game as the months go on. I am not sick of them yet, but my concern is over time we might get annoyed hearing the same ones over and over. It would be a really cool addition if they were able to continue to patch in new songs throughout the year.
Are they real songs with lyrics or just catchy music developed by SDS? I’d love to see patches and periodic updates of classic rock songs such as “Born in the USA”, “In America” by Charlie Daniels, etc for games on the calendar of games around July 4th. How about mix in some Metallica or baseball songs like “Center Field” by John Fogerty.

Also, did they add sounds such as jets flying overhead, police sirens, subways, ships blowing their horns in San Francisco, etc? How about the Tomahawk Chop in Atlanta? These used to be available on Sounds of the Show. Just wondering if they have been added?
Old 05-08-2021, 04:51 PM   #10
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBKSean216
I don't care what the younger generation knows and likes.... The average age of a video game player is in the 30s.....

I don't think it's so much an age thing as a trend in technology. Regardless of age, streaming has been the norm for quite a few years now. Even my Grandma has a Spotify account these days.

Last edited by jeffy777; 05-08-2021 at 05:00 PM.
Old 05-08-2021, 10:00 PM   #11
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBKSean216
I don't care what the younger generation knows and likes.... The average age of a video game player is in the 30s.....
But presumably you do care about your hard drive space, or SOTS library size. Spotify integration would be better on both counts.

I'm not buying music anymore. I'm not even sure 7digital is still running. And I'm definitely not buying any physical media, that's for darn sure. Owning media is kind of going the way of the dodo.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2021, 07:50 AM   #12
Rookie

hockeyyt988's Arena

OVR: 2

I’m no expert but I believe the reasoning SOTS isn’t in the game is because Microsoft doesn’t allow unlicensed music in their games and the new agreement between them and SDS required game parity (PS4 being the exception because it was already on market). This could be why we didn’t have Y2Y saves this year as well. Technically there’s no import feature from Xbox MLB 20 the show because it doesn’t exist. All speculation here but that could be it.

That said, SDS does do a decent job with their own song ambience but it’s not the same.

As warmwind said, the answer is Spotify/ music platform integration. I can see it now:

1) log into your Spotify account in SOTS menu. You choose the team, then sound slot and then choose the Spotify song you want. The same would be done with players. I actually think they can streamline the SOTS importing process but that’s for another day.

The awesome SOTS guys here would then make the list of songs on a Spotify list instead of downloading from OS.

Again all speculation, don’t take this as gospel but I’m really hoping this is what happened this year and we can have SOTS next year. I have a feeling they’ll figure it out.

Not sure if SDS values this feature like we do but I think one positive is the amount of buzz that has come from removing it. If they didn’t know how popular it was before, they do now and that’s a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-09-2021, 12:51 PM   #13
Rookie

ExarKub00720's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyyt988
I’m no expert but I believe the reasoning SOTS isn’t in the game is because Microsoft doesn’t allow unlicensed music in their games and the new agreement between them and SDS required game parity (PS4 being the exception because it was already on market). This could be why we didn’t have Y2Y saves this year as well. Technically there’s no import feature from Xbox MLB 20 the show because it doesn’t exist. All speculation here but that could be it.

That said, SDS does do a decent job with their own song ambience but it’s not the same.

As warmwind said, the answer is Spotify/ music platform integration. I can see it now:

1) log into your Spotify account in SOTS menu. You choose the team, then sound slot and then choose the Spotify song you want. The same would be done with players. I actually think they can streamline the SOTS importing process but that’s for another day.

The awesome SOTS guys here would then make the list of songs on a Spotify list instead of downloading from OS.

Again all speculation, don’t take this as gospel but I’m really hoping this is what happened this year and we can have SOTS next year. I have a feeling they’ll figure it out.

Not sure if SDS values this feature like we do but I think one positive is the amount of buzz that has come from removing it. If they didn’t know how popular it was before, they do now and that’s a good thing.

I still love Spotify as an integration idea cause I hated having to import everything. It was a pain in the butt, and would much prefer this idea. Even if they can bring back the old way I would still prefer this as an option as well.

Last edited by ExarKub00720; 05-09-2021 at 12:54 PM.
Old 05-09-2021, 01:09 PM   #14
Rookie

hockeyyt988's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExarKub00720
I still love Spotify as an integration idea cause I hated having to import everything. It was a pain in the butt, and would much prefer this idea. Even if they can bring back the old way I would still prefer this as an option as well.

Agreed. I actually think the interface will be much more user friendly. If you choose a song, maybe you can use the music editor to choose the part of song, now everyone is winning.

The only question I have is what value is this to SDS because it would require implementation and regardless of difficulty, that means a project for a team at SDS.

That’s why it’s good to see how much response the removal of it has generated. This did happen on MLB 14 first year PS4 and they figured it out for the next year. I think this will just be a next step up with the Spotify integration which PS4 already has, let’s hope we’ll have it for 22.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »