Home

How many of you would want to have a custom scheduling feature?

This is a discussion on How many of you would want to have a custom scheduling feature? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2021, 11:12 AM   #17
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: How many of you would want to have a custom scheduling feature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
Has it ever been said WHY they have a problem with it? I mean, older games like Triple Play seemed to have no issue with this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I don't think they've ever really talked about the feature outside of the typical "we hear you". Scheduling is not an easy task to tackle, but they are a AAA developer who has been making this series for 2 decades nearly, so they don't really have an excuse for it not being here already.

They're either completely incapable of creating it or the way they have franchise mode built is keeping them from being able to implement a rotating schedule. I'm not sure which is worse, but the fact that it isn't in the game to date is simply inexcusable.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
They spoke on it a couple of years ago.

With how their system at the time generated new schedules, when they tried to implement rotating interleague schedules, it was causing an issue within the generating of schedules, so they left it out until they were able to re-work how their schedule generator worked.

In talking with them prior to release this year, with the focus being rebuilding the foundation for franchise mode, they are looking into the aspect of re-working how schedules are created to include rotating interleague schedules.

And before its asked, they did not offer up any type of time frame as to when they would look into adding this to franchise mode.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-09-2021, 07:00 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don’t know why they even need a scheduling generator. Just have 6 predetermined schedules that rotate the home and away interleague schedule and keep repeating it.

I don’t care if the games are in the same spot on the calendar, just that if I stay with the same team I actually play every other leagues team every 3 years and at their stadium every 6.

If there was a create your own schedule I’d play all teams equally just for some variety.
Old 05-10-2021, 10:34 AM   #19
Rookie

MoneyMan17's Arena

OVR: 0

It doesn't really matter because SDS is essentially done listening to the community unless it's about Diamond Dynasty.
Old 05-10-2021, 10:44 AM   #20
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
They spoke on it a couple of years ago.

With how their system at the time generated new schedules, when they tried to implement rotating interleague schedules, it was causing an issue within the generating of schedules, so they left it out until they were able to re-work how their schedule generator worked.

In talking with them prior to release this year, with the focus being rebuilding the foundation for franchise mode, they are looking into the aspect of re-working how schedules are created to include rotating interleague schedules.

And before its asked, they did not offer up any type of time frame as to when they would look into adding this to franchise mode.
Thank you for that. Its good to talk to someone who actually has insight, and its very welcome.

However, that excuse doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I mean, in my experience the regular schedules in the game don't change much year to year. In my most recent Cubs franchise, I opened the season with the Pirates three straight years, and in the current season, every game I have against Miami and Washington, both home and away, are crammed into the year by April 16th. The game also doesn't seem to make any logic for West Coast road trips like it used to, because every trip I have to play SF, LAD, SD, COL and AZ are one offs, and not grouped together like they would be in real life or in older versions of the game.

So....their system just doesn't seem to work, at least from what I'm experiencing. There isn't much to break. Its already there. The only thing that it seems to get right is that there are about the same number of home and away games each month.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »