Home

Lack of solid contact - default players vs generated/created

This is a discussion on Lack of solid contact - default players vs generated/created within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NBA 2K22 Review: The Best 2K Game in Years
FIFA 22 First Impressions
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-10-2021, 12:18 PM   #9
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Lack of solid contact - default players vs generated/created

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Hmmm thatís a problem then. I am of the variety of playing one game a series and swimming the rest. I donít play minor league games at all either so thatís a huge issue
I don't think it's a "huge issue" with the minors (I don't play them either). To me, it plays-out very much like an "adjustment period" to the majors for guys you're bringing up.

As for simming games...think of it this way; you'd actually be giving yourself less of an advantage over the CPU vs us guys that play every game. Depending on your POV, that can be a good thing or a bad thing.
Old 05-10-2021, 12:22 PM   #10
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I don't think it's a "huge issue" with the minors (I don't play them either). To me, it plays-out very much like an "adjustment period" to the majors for guys you're bringing up.

As for simming games...think of it this way; you'd actually be giving yourself less of an advantage over the CPU vs us guys that play every game. Depending on your POV, that can be a good thing or a bad thing.
Som good points. Thanks for the insight Josh
Old 05-10-2021, 12:24 PM   #11
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
That does stink. I'm still going to be with 20 until I can get a PS5, and who knows when that will be. But some of my guys in the minors have put up HUGE stats and still had blue and black zones. I feel like I've finally figured out a secret that had avoided me for years up until this point, lol.

I did a quick look around the default rosters of the game, and sure enough, almost all of the non-star players that I've had success with had really red zones, at least vs opposite handed pitching. And all of the star players that I've struggled using have cold zones, especially high and inside, where I do my damage. Almost a universal truth across the board. So for my play style, its something I need to pay extremely close attention to.
Exactly! It's another one of those subtleties that SDS has woven into the game that people overlook. You can 100% build to this (heck I even build to it in DD and avoid many players with weaker hot zones - like prospect cards and future stars cards).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2021, 06:48 PM   #12
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

OVR: 0
Lack of solid contact - default players vs generated/created

Does turning off hot zones in the settings actually turn them off, or does it just turn off the visual?

Iíve always played with them on.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Old 05-10-2021, 07:06 PM   #13
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smith
Does turning off hot zones in the settings actually turn them off, or does it just turn off the visual?

Iíve always played with them on.
Just the visual.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »