Home

How to Restart RTTS (and good sliders?)

This is a discussion on How to Restart RTTS (and good sliders?) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2021, 04:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
How to Restart RTTS (and good sliders?)

So I'm wanting to restart my Xbox One X RTTS because 1) I want the new rosters and 2) I want to restart because something seriously changed between AA and AAA where I went from hitting .350 to hitting .200 -- and I think some of it is how pitch speed changed between last year and this year.

So my questions are this: First, how do I wipe my player and start over? (I presume this would mean I would delete My Ballplayer and create a new person) Second, are there any good sliders for RTTS to make it where fastballs don't just completely own me?

Last edited by Shinino_Kage; 05-10-2021 at 05:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2021, 05:17 PM   #2
MVP

Archie56's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How to Restart RTTS (and good sliders?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinino_Kage
So I'm wanting to restart my Xbox One X RTTS because 1) I want the new rosters and 2) I want to restart because something seriously changed between AA and AAA where I went from hitting .350 to hitting .200 -- and I think some of it is how pitch speed changed between last year and this year.

So my questions are this: First, how do I wipe my player and start over? (I presume this would mean I would delete My Ballplayer and create a new person) Second, are there any good sliders for RTTS to make it where fastballs don't just completely own me?
All you need to do is on the main menu, go down to Road to the Show and hit X. You can choose to start a new RTTS there, and when you save it, just save it over your old RTTS save file. As far as sliders, I'm not sure which ones are good. I just use default hall of fame. I had the same issue at first when I went to AAA. I was tearing it up in AA and then went to crap as soon as I was promoted. Thankfully I ended up turning it around.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2021, 05:25 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie56
All you need to do is on the main menu, go down to Road to the Show and hit X. You can choose to start a new RTTS there, and when you save it, just save it over your old RTTS save file. As far as sliders, I'm not sure which ones are good. I just use default hall of fame. I had the same issue at first when I went to AAA. I was tearing it up in AA and then went to crap as soon as I was promoted. Thankfully I ended up turning it around.
That's still going to use the same 'My Ballplayer', meaning I'd have my stats nearly max, though, right?
Old 05-10-2021, 05:38 PM   #4
MVP

Archie56's Arena

Quote:
That's still going to use the same 'My Ballplayer', meaning I'd have my stats nearly max, though, right?
No, it should make you completely make a new RTTS guy. That's how I believe it works but I could be wrong. I guess the only thing you can do is give it a shot and see what happens

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Archie56; 05-10-2021 at 05:42 PM.
Old 05-10-2021, 07:42 PM   #5
Pro

rsump112's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

You won’t lose your upgrades. You’ll be rated wherever you ended your last RTTS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2021, 07:54 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsump112
You won’t lose your upgrades. You’ll be rated wherever you ended your last RTTS.
Right, that's why I originally asked -- is there a way to delete 'My Ballplayer'?
Old 05-10-2021, 08:01 PM   #7
Rookie

japsubie's Arena

Quote:
Right, that's why I originally asked -- is there a way to delete 'My Ballplayer'?

No you can only manually decrease his attributes through archetypes.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-10-2021, 08:11 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by japsubie
No you can only manually decrease his attributes through archetypes.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Well, that means I won't be playing this that long. I'll go back to 20. *shrug*

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »