Home

I donít want Dynamic to start on Beginner!

This is a discussion on I donít want Dynamic to start on Beginner! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2021, 08:00 PM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2013
I donít want Dynamic to start on Beginner!

When I played this game the first time after downloading it, I put my pitching at Dynamic difficulty and started at the Hall of Fame level. My preferred pitching difficulty is Hall of Fame+. I also set the game style to competitive. But I eventually realized that I usually use simulation style, so I switched to that. But I canít reset the default Dynamic option to start on Hall of Fame again; Iíd have to start on Beginner and slooooowly pitch my way up to get to Hall of Fame+ again. Is there anything I can do to see that game screen I saw when I first played the game and set the Dyanmic difficulty to start where I want it?
jbuc14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2021, 01:09 PM   #2
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2016
Re: I donít want Dynamic to start on Beginner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuc14
When I played this game the first time after downloading it, I put my pitching at Dynamic difficulty and started at the Hall of Fame level. My preferred pitching difficulty is Hall of Fame+. I also set the game style to competitive. But I eventually realized that I usually use simulation style, so I switched to that. But I can’t reset the default Dynamic option to start on Hall of Fame again; I’d have to start on Beginner and slooooowly pitch my way up to get to Hall of Fame+ again. Is there anything I can do to see that game screen I saw when I first played the game and set the Dyanmic difficulty to start where I want it?
Just turn it off, stick to AllStar, and if it becomes too easy, bump to HOF. I seriously don't understand the logic behind dynamic difficulty and how it's a good thing. The game is not that hard to play. I hated it in Super Mega Baseball as well. You're going to have great games, and you're going to have bad ones, and it doesn't necessarily relate to game difficulty. I don't know...I just like the game playing consistently.
cvantu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 03:04 PM   #3
MVP
 
Unlucky 13's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Central Virginia
Re: I donít want Dynamic to start on Beginner!

The best thing to do if you want it at a certain level is to play a non-franchise game and bump the sensitivity in the slider all the way to max. As you play that game, it will rapidly move up (or down) depending on how you do, and then when you have it where you want it, change the slider all the way to zero and it will stay there. Or else, change it to where you want it to be for your preferred sensitivity level.

I typically play on Veteran+, and for some reason, the game changed my slider away from zero to default, and I was getting my rear end handed to me on All Star for a few games, so I played an exhibition game and just stuck out on purpose for a few innings and it got it back down to where I needed it to be, lol.
__________________
Anyone who claims to be a fan of two teams in the same pro sport is actually a fan of none.
Unlucky 13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 04:12 PM   #4
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2020
Re: I donít want Dynamic to start on Beginner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvantu
Just turn it off, stick to AllStar, and if it becomes too easy, bump to HOF. I seriously don't understand the logic behind dynamic difficulty and how it's a good thing. The game is not that hard to play. I hated it in Super Mega Baseball as well. You're going to have great games, and you're going to have bad ones, and it doesn't necessarily relate to game difficulty. I don't know...I just like the game playing consistently.


This is so accurate, I donít want the game to play down to my level to make it seem funnier for me lol I wanna get better and play up to the skill I choose


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
strosdood is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 04:19 PM   #5
MVP
 
Unlucky 13's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Central Virginia
Re: I donít want Dynamic to start on Beginner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
This is so accurate, I don’t want the game to play down to my level to make it seem funnier for me lol I wanna get better and play up to the skill I choose


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yeah, I gave up on that a LONG time ago, lol. I need the game to play down to me because my ceiling isn't very high.

I hit a point somewhere in my 30s where I just decided that I didn't need to prove anything, and I could just enjoy games on whatever level is right for me. On some non sports games, I even move it down to EASY if I can't get through a certain section. No worries. I move on and keep going.
__________________
Anyone who claims to be a fan of two teams in the same pro sport is actually a fan of none.

Last edited by Unlucky 13; 05-12-2021 at 04:23 PM.
Unlucky 13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2021, 05:06 PM   #6
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2020
Re: I donít want Dynamic to start on Beginner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
Yeah, I gave up on that a LONG time ago, lol. I need the game to play down to me because my ceiling isn't very high.

I hit a point somewhere in my 30s where I just decided that I didn't need to prove anything, and I could just enjoy games on whatever level is right for me. On some non sports games, I even move it down to EASY if I can't get through a certain section. No worries. I move on and keep going.

nothing wrong with that man, i guess my competitive side just still wants to be involved even though my actual baseball career is way over now lol its a big reason i still love video games at 36 years old........keeps me connected to the game even if its virtually
strosdood is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 10:21 PM   #7
MVP
 
Unlucky 13's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Central Virginia
Re: I donít want Dynamic to start on Beginner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
nothing wrong with that man, i guess my competitive side just still wants to be involved even though my actual baseball career is way over now lol its a big reason i still love video games at 36 years old........keeps me connected to the game even if its virtually
My eyes and reflexes were bad enough that I couldn't even hit in little league, lol. Its been an all virtual experience for me from the start.
__________________
Anyone who claims to be a fan of two teams in the same pro sport is actually a fan of none.
Unlucky 13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 02:58 PM   #8
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2020
Re: I donít want Dynamic to start on Beginner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvantu
Just turn it off, stick to AllStar, and if it becomes too easy, bump to HOF. I seriously don't understand the logic behind dynamic difficulty and how it's a good thing. The game is not that hard to play. I hated it in Super Mega Baseball as well. You're going to have great games, and you're going to have bad ones, and it doesn't necessarily relate to game difficulty. I don't know...I just like the game playing consistently.
I actually prefer the Dynamic mode cuz it kinda simulates hot and cold streaks.
DodgersFTMFWSW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:02 PM.

Top -