Home

MLB The Show 21 Patch #5 Available Today - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Patch #5 Available Today - Patch Notes within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2021, 09:48 AM   #81
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 21 Patch #5 Arrives Tomorrow - Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-od
Well I hope we get a fix soon for the screen overlays and commentary based on the current series. It's annoying hearing and seeing the wrong stuff while playing in franchise.
I’d be surprised if either ever get addressed. They don’t care about franchise, and between this and the ridiculous amount of day games, it’s honestly stopping me from even starting my franchise up because it destroys the immersion for me. If I hadn’t traded 20 in when I bought this one I honestly would have went back to playing it by now.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist

Last edited by bronxbombers21325; 05-12-2021 at 10:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2021, 11:05 AM   #82
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie56
After a few games post patch on Series X, it does seem to play a tad smoother but honestly not much. Not sure if there is anything they can really do at this point, or maybe it's not a priority. Wasn't seeing the choppy gameplay on hits down the line which was nice, but cutscenes still need some work. It's just jarring to go from smooth gameplay to stuttering cutscenes. Gameplay is at its worst when playing in the rain, although I haven't tested that yet since the patch dropped. Yesterday I was playing a game in the rain at Citi Field and I had to stop halfway through bc the framerate was so bad.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Yeah for some reason they've never been able to get the cut scenes to run at a consistent locked 60fps. I was hoping with the power of these Next Gen consoles these frame rate hitches during cut scenes would be resolved but apparently not. It might seem minor to some but it does hurt immersion when frame rate is choppy.

Last edited by JKSportsGamer1984; 05-12-2021 at 11:10 AM.
Old 05-12-2021, 11:09 AM   #83
MVP

Re: MLB The Show 21 Patch #5 Available Today - Patch Notes

Glad to see they addressed the issue with the ball clipping completely through the bat. I couldn't even bring myself to play the game knowing this issue existed.

Now if they could only fix the player clipping issues. Mainly with the 1st baseman's arm clipping completely through the base runner's body when he dives back to base on pick off attempts. Also with outfielders clipping completely through the ball boy's body when running after fly balls...
Old 05-12-2021, 11:29 AM   #84
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
I’d be surprised if either ever get addressed. They don’t care about franchise, and between this and the ridiculous amount of day games, it’s honestly stopping me from even starting my franchise up because it destroys the immersion for me. If I hadn’t traded 20 in when I bought this one I honestly would have went back to playing it by now.
It’s dirt cheap. Why not enjoy playing The Show, instead if being frustrated?
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 05-13-2021, 07:54 PM   #85
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by japsubie
Quick update on the issue I was having with my created stadium where the stands weren’t appearing and fans were floating...

It appears to be only the classic plaza level sections. I swapped those out for classic upper deck and stadium loads fully in tact.

Hopefully they will still get that fixed but figured I’d share in case anyone is using these sections in their stadiums.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
If by floating fans you mean fans in seats but no concrete under them I'm seeing that when I try to save my stadium on classic level one. I'm probably doing something wrong since I haven't figure out the creator yet. When I click on add prop to add more sands the previously saved stands disappear.
Old 05-13-2021, 08:00 PM   #86
Rookie

japsubie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
If by floating fans you mean fans in seats but no concrete under them I'm seeing that when I try to save my stadium on classic level one. I'm probably doing something wrong since I haven't figure out the creator yet. When I click on add prop to add more sands the previously saved stands disappear.

I noticed my issue was with certain classic sections but not all. I’d suggest switching whatever classic section you have to modern temporarily just to see if when you enter a game it fixes it, process of elimination basically.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »