Home

The commentary in this game horrific

This is a discussion on The commentary in this game horrific within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2021, 03:45 AM   #1
Rookie

HBKSean216's Arena

OVR: 0
The commentary in this game horrific

It might sound like a nit picky thing but it's not really... we have to listen to them every single game. Turning it off makes it sound even more weird.

You hear the same sound bytes every game. Like literally every game it's the same. Often you'll hear the same line twice in a game. There's just no variety at all. It's one of the worst for a sports game that I can remember. The robot delivery is unbearable.. "next up... JD Martinez" There's also no unique conversations. NBA2K does a great job with this.

Oh and DeRosa sounds like the biggest dbag every time he talks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2021, 05:03 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: The commentary in this game horrific

I don't know why so many play with commentary on, I mean you're playing a game of baseball not watching it like on TV, why do you need commentary for? The sound of baseball is perfect for me, the crack of the bat, the sounds of the ball hitting the glove, the fans, the walk up music from Sounds of the Show.
Old 05-12-2021, 06:14 AM   #3
MVP

You’ve been on OS 2 years and all u do is make threads to complain, not even constructive criticism, just to whine about every game u play……what’s funny is u give 2k a compliment here but in the 2k threads u just constantly made these same thread topics to whine about everything they did with their game too…….seems you’re more suited for Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-12-2021, 07:15 AM   #4
MVP

Archie56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBKSean216
It might sound like a nit picky thing but it's not really... we have to listen to them every single game. Turning it off makes it sound even more weird.

You hear the same sound bytes every game. Like literally every game it's the same. Often you'll hear the same line twice in a game. There's just no variety at all. It's one of the worst for a sports game that I can remember. The robot delivery is unbearable.. "next up... JD Martinez" There's also no unique conversations. NBA2K does a great job with this.

I agree commentary is stale and needs alot of improvement. Having said that, there is an impressions thread for the game that this could've gone under.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2021, 08:56 AM   #5
Rookie

HBKSean216's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
You’ve been on OS 2 years and all u do is make threads to complain, not even constructive criticism, just to whine about every game u play……what’s funny is u give 2k a compliment here but in the 2k threads u just constantly made these same thread topics to whine about everything they did with their game too…….seems you’re more suited for Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Imagine the first thing you think about doing is searching through someones post history. Super creepy kid. Even creepier when you blatantly lie about it. 90% of my posts are me asking a question on how to do/fix something........

Yikes....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2021, 08:58 AM   #6
Rookie

HBKSean216's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie56
I agree commentary is stale and needs alot of improvement. Having said that, there is an impressions thread for the game that this could've gone under.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Sorry, dad.
Old 05-12-2021, 09:00 AM   #7
Rookie

HBKSean216's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf142
I don't know why so many play with commentary on, I mean you're playing a game of baseball not watching it like on TV, why do you need commentary for? The sound of baseball is perfect for me, the crack of the bat, the sounds of the ball hitting the glove, the fans, the walk up music from Sounds of the Show.
I turn it off in NBA2K and love it because the game sounds WAYYY better without Doris Burke. I'll try The Show with it off again when I play later. I am on XSX so unfortunately we dont get SOTS... and we never will ever again. RIP to one of the best features in any sports game ever.
Old 05-12-2021, 09:52 AM   #8
Pro

knich1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBKSean216

This has been a problem with the game for years. I really think because of all the new users this year they didn't need to do much with commentary.

For me, I do like listening to commentary (I listen when watching a BB game IRL) while playing the game but the commentary is ridiculously repetitive this year. It is as if they removed many of the sound files. Too bad...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »