Home

Old 05-15-2021, 02:12 PM   #1
Rookie

klay0505's Arena

OVR: 0
Ignore Budgets

Just wondering what the positives and negatives are in franchise mode. Usually always play with budgets on but Iíve seen some weird salaries been giving out in Franchise mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2021, 03:08 PM   #2
Rookie

ReturnoftheTmac's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ignore Budgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by klay0505
Just wondering what the positives and negatives are in franchise mode. Usually always play with budgets on but Iíve seen some weird salaries been giving out in Franchise mode.

I always turn them off cuz I do 30 team control and if left on sometimes it wonít let teams makes trades, sign players etc. I just make realistic moves for every team on my own. BUT it can only be done BEFORE franchise starts. I found that out the hard way one year after weeks of work on a franchise.
Old 05-15-2021, 11:35 PM   #3
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by klay0505

In much older versions of the game, when there were a lot of tools available to make or lose money via franchise mode, and some teams were capable of then having HUGE amounts of cash compared to others, the budget aspect made a lot more sense.

These days, I play with it on, but the functionality of it is both mysterious and a fraction of what it used to be. And at least in my experience, when its on, it never seems to change much from season to season with who has money and who does not.
Old 05-16-2021, 01:53 PM   #4
__

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I ignore them.

In my experience, the CPU still tries to stay under budget, and I do the same. But it heads off any potential wonkiness.
Old 05-16-2021, 05:46 PM   #5
MVP

BrianM207's Arena

OVR: 3

I always play with it off. I've never been one to make bug trades or flashy signings just for the sake of doing them, so luckily I'm not tempted there. I found it does help the cpu along though. I'm about 3 weeks into my franchise and the cpu has signed a half dozen or so fa

Sent from my SM-G986U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2021, 12:09 AM   #6
Rookie

BodamEscapePlan's Arena

OVR: 1

I started my White Sox Franchise a few days after Ridin's roster dropped and I wish I would've set it to 'On.' Since I run 30-Team Control (1 USER Profile, 29 CPU Profiles) and I'm stickler for making moves that mimic real-life (at least up until I pass the point where we are in real-life or an injury pops up for a contender) -- it sucks that the Dodgers are at $-31,200,00 for their budget. So I haven't been able to make any additions such as Pujols, Blankenhorn, and Tsutsugo like they have.

So yeah, if I could start over... I would choose to have the Ignore Budgets setting on.
NCAAF: NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS
@michaelsbodam | PSN: BodamEscapePlan

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »