Home

Old 05-15-2021, 11:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Legend pitching

Anyone find legend pitching to still be a A little too easy? I feel like either the point is not challenging enough or mistake pitches are either just taken or fouled off and not nearly punished enough. Not sure what to make of it. Sliders for cpu connect power etc are at default. Interested in others thoughts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2021, 11:26 PM   #2
Rookie

bjenks's Arena

Re: Legend pitching

Yeah, I felt this way as well. I am pitching on Legend and using the sliders from Mike Lowe's 2020 set. I adjusted a few things and the game actually feels a bit more difficult to pitch. Try adjusting a few of the CPU's hitting sliders and see how it feels. Make sure to give it a good 7-10 games.

www.twitch.tv/bjenks

Also, if you're interested, follow me on Twitter!
My Twitter
Old 05-15-2021, 11:30 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjenks
Yeah, I felt this way as well. I am pitching on Legend and using the sliders from Mike Lowe's 2020 set. I adjusted a few things and the game actually feels a bit more difficult to pitch. Try adjusting a few of the CPU's hitting sliders and see how it feels. Make sure to give it a good 7-10 games.
Thanks. Yeah Iíll try that. I just donít myself asking hat must it be like on all star or veteran? Like do they not get a hit all game? I expect legend to be crazy hard and any mistake punished and it feels like I can half pay attention and mindlessly pitch and it makes no difference.
Old 05-15-2021, 11:48 PM   #4
Rookie

bjenks's Arena

I wonder that myself actually. I would kind of coast with my better pitchers as well. But bumping up the CPU stuff has really helped. Even Flaherty got knocked around the last time I played. And they punish mistakes more often. At least in my experience.

www.twitch.tv/bjenks

Also, if you're interested, follow me on Twitter!
My Twitter
Old 05-15-2021, 11:57 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjenks
I wonder that myself actually. I would kind of coast with my better pitchers as well. But bumping up the CPU stuff has really helped. Even Flaherty got knocked around the last time I played. And they punish mistakes more often. At least in my experience.
Whatíd you bump stuff up to if I may ask?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2021, 01:45 AM   #6
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Have you also tried turning down Human Pitcher Control and Consistency? As you said, the AI won't punish every mistake, so if you can nail your spots the majority of the time and paint the corners consistently, then Legend does get easy in a hurry as most hitters can't do a whole lot with borderline pitches.
Old 05-16-2021, 02:04 AM   #7
Rookie

What pitching mechanic are you using ? I found pinpoint pitching has completely changed how hard the game plays for me. I used to breeze through the cpu on legend in the past using meter or pure analog
Old 05-16-2021, 02:40 AM   #8
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Legend pitching

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDibby23
Thanks. Yeah Iíll try that. I just donít myself asking hat must it be like on all star or veteran? Like do they not get a hit all game? I expect legend to be crazy hard and any mistake punished and it feels like I can half pay attention and mindlessly pitch and it makes no difference.

Most people that use all star or HOF use classic pitching which is very stat based. If I used classic pitching on legend i would get smoked.

And the flip side if I use pinpoint, analog, or meter on AS or HOF itís way too easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »