Home

Question for franchise users

This is a discussion on Question for franchise users within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2021, 09:43 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Question for franchise users

I play exclusively manage mode and it's a small sample size but I've seen more aggressive baserunning leading to some runners running into sure outs in my first few games.

Is it just me or are others seeing this?
Old 05-16-2021, 09:45 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Question for franchise users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I play exclusively manage mode and it's a small sample size but I've seen more aggressive baserunning leading to some runners running into sure outs in my first few games.

I've seen at least one asinine baserunning blunder by the cpu in every single game I've played leading to easy outs.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2021, 10:00 AM   #3
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl

I’ve seen ONE in all the games I’ve played. Certainly not EVERY game.
I looked at the replay and it was a speedy runner and I had thrown to my cut off man and the runner continued on. I asked my 79 year old buddy who plays MOM exclusuvely and he hasn’t seen anything out of the ordinary. Do you adjust sliders?
Old 05-16-2021, 10:03 AM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I'm not seeing it every game, but there are times the CPU is more aggressive than I would be in a given situation, but its not happening enough for me to think there needs to be an adjustment.

I've run into my fair share of "easy" outs, so its nice to see the CPU has the same mental lapses that I do at times.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-16-2021, 01:50 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I’ve seen 3-4 through 23 games of my franchise. It’s always been singles to CF that the CPU tries to stretch into a double. The funny thing is, the CPU caught me not paying attention the first few times. I nailed Baez last night though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2021, 10:52 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
I’ve seen ONE in all the games I’ve played. Certainly not EVERY game.
I looked at the replay and it was a speedy runner and I had thrown to my cut off man and the runner continued on. I asked my 79 year old buddy who plays MOM exclusuvely and he hasn’t seen anything out of the ordinary. Do you adjust sliders?
I do not adjust sliders.
Old 05-17-2021, 12:01 AM   #7
Rookie

BodamEscapePlan's Arena

OVR: 1

I had one really bad one the other night where Nicky Lopez of the Royals ran into an easy out trying to stretch an RBI-single into a double. It came with two outs, so it was an inning ending play. I'm not sure if that could explain it or make the CPU somehow more aggressive. Both of my baserunning sliders (Steal Ability and Frequency) were at the default 5 setting.

I've never seen the CPU make an absolute boneheaded play like this on the basepaths in all of my time playing The Show (been playing since The Show 14).
NCAAF: NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS
@michaelsbodam | PSN: BodamEscapePlan
Old 05-17-2021, 08:47 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodamEscapePlan
I had one really bad one the other night where Nicky Lopez of the Royals ran into an easy out trying to stretch an RBI-single into a double. It came with two outs, so it was an inning ending play. I'm not sure if that could explain it or make the CPU somehow more aggressive. Both of my baserunning sliders (Steal Ability and Frequency) were at the default 5 setting.

I've never seen the CPU make an absolute boneheaded play like this on the basepaths in all of my time playing The Show (been playing since The Show 14).
What I've noticed is ground balls down the line between the first/third baseman and the bag the batter tends to try for a double regardless of running speed.

I'm using a relocated Pirates franchise and my catcher Stallings has a speed rating of zero. He thinks he's Lou Brock on a ball hit down the line. I'll play more games before reaching a final conclusion but that appears to be a programming glitch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »