Home

Different sounds off the bat question!

This is a discussion on Different sounds off the bat question! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2021, 04:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Different sounds off the bat question!

I haven’t played The Show since 19. I have a question regarding the different sounds that come off the bat regarding how you hit it. Call me crazy but I have The Show 21 on the Xbox One X and I also have The Show that was gifted to me on my PS5 but I am playing the PS4 version not the 5. Anyway when I started playing The Show on my Xbox a few weeks ago , since I didn’t have my PS5 yet. I heard different sounds come off the bat depending how you hit the ball. I am a Philly guy so I play as the Ohillies obviously..lol So when I was playing at Citizens, when you hit the ball a certain way it has like different cracking sounds. Like a hollow sound..etc. It sounded so authentic on my Xbox.

Now switch to my PS5 I got the other day and starting playing it and the sounds I heard on the Xbox weren’t present on the PS. I don’t know if it was the lastest patch that caused this or what. I hope people know what I am talking about. It’s kinda hard to explain.

Please tell me I am not nuts���� It just seems the ball off the bat sounds all the same mostly except maybe Perfect/Perfect and that’s not the sound I am talking about. I heard varies different sounds on my Xbox depending on how it was hit off the bat. Can anyone chime in here?

Last edited by Scottt8471; 05-16-2021 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Spelling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2021, 05:08 PM   #2
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Re: Different sounds off the bat question!

The sound is definitely weird this year. On my TV a perfect perfect sounds terrible, sounds like a check bunt. Tv has decent speakers. Everything else sounds good on it. But on pulse 3d headset it sounds amazing. You can truly hear the crack of the bat on a perfect perfect.
Old 05-16-2021, 05:53 PM   #3
Rookie

Gotcha. Yeah I have a 7.1 sound system so it’s not my system lol. I swear it sounded totally different on my Xbox compared to the PS version. Idk if maybe a patch messed it up or what. The crack of the bat on the Xbox sounded like you were there sitting at the park and you can hear the crack of the bat. Now the hits all sound the same and not just talking about perfect/perfect. I mean all hits lol.
Old 05-16-2021, 06:31 PM   #4
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

OVR: 16

Yeah, for the most part the bats sounds are good...but that 'TICK' sound on perfect/perfect has to be fixed. Playing on PS4 pro with Sonos surround.
Old 05-17-2021, 02:58 AM   #5
Rookie

BlueSkies77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
The sound is definitely weird this year. On my TV a perfect perfect sounds terrible, sounds like a check bunt. Tv has decent speakers. Everything else sounds good on it. But on pulse 3d headset it sounds amazing. You can truly hear the crack of the bat on a perfect perfect.
Sounds like it might be a sounds setting issue. As in: It’s set to surround sound but you don’t have surround sound, just an example. If the settings are all good then it might be a glitch with the sound settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2021, 09:35 AM   #6
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies77
Sounds like it might be a sounds setting issue. As in: It’s set to surround sound but you don’t have surround sound, just an example. If the settings are all good then it might be a glitch with the sound settings.
Wouldn’t explain why all other games sound good and fine. Tv has a game sound setting. This has been a big topic on these boards. Sounds good on some tvs/headphones and not on others.
Old 05-17-2021, 06:02 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies77
🙄🙄 Please. There 1000’s of complaints about this.
Old 05-17-2021, 06:04 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
Wouldn’t explain why all other games sound good and fine. Tv has a game sound setting. This has been a big topic on these boards. Sounds good on some tvs/headphones and not on others.
I swear people don’t read posts. 🙄🙄 Go back and read it and you will get my answer that I was gonna answer back with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »