Home

throwing errors

This is a discussion on throwing errors within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2021, 11:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
throwing errors

fairly regularly see the throw to 1B airmail the 1st baseman and go into the stands or bounce off the side wall/dugout, but never in years of playing have I ever saw it on a throw to 2nd, 3rd, or home, would definitely add to realism, also I don't believe I have ever seen a throw in the dirt to 1B not get scooped and caught by the 1st baseman, never bobbled, dropped, or skip under/over his glove and get away. Anyone else?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2021, 01:02 PM   #2
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: throwing errors

Just played a game Sunday where the cpu first baseman went to go to second for DP and air mailed it to LF. I know throws in the dirt to first could be bobbled occasionally in the past but haven’t seen it on 21 yet. They always field the bounce clean so far on 21.
Old 05-17-2021, 01:33 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

My sliders have throwing errors at 9, so that likely has some to do with it, but I see misthrows at all bags, to the cutoff men, to home, etc.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 05-17-2021, 05:53 PM   #4
MVP

throwing errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
My sliders have throwing errors at 9, so that likely has some to do with it, but I see misthrows at all bags, to the cutoff men, to home, etc.

Nice I’ve been thinking of tinkering with this stuff too. I’m ranked pretty low on defense, 22nd or something, yet I’m tops in the AL in fielding pct through 21 games. Pretty annoying as I need defensive ratings to matter else it changes everything about what I’m doing as GM and even day to day as manager. But I also don’t want my defense to turn to garbage for no good reason either. Fine lines everywhere with this stuff.
Old 05-17-2021, 07:01 PM   #5
Rookie

SaltLakeBrave's Arena

I have my errors set at 4. And, I see all types of errors. I can attest that there all types of them in the show. I play franchise by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2021, 07:14 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
Nice I’ve been thinking of tinkering with this stuff too. I’m ranked pretty low on defense, 22nd or something, yet I’m tops in the AL in fielding pct through 21 games. Pretty annoying as I need defensive ratings to matter else it changes everything about what I’m doing as GM and even day to day as manager. But I also don’t want my defense to turn to garbage for no good reason either. Fine lines everywhere with this stuff.
At 8 or 9, don't remember the exact value and not at the console, I see basically one error every other game for my team which is basically right where Atlanta is in real life at .53 per game.

― Plato
Old 05-17-2021, 08:37 PM   #7
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

My first few games my SS was throwing wide to second on plays so I even checked to make sure SS was his position and, yep, it was. Checked his fielding attributes and they were okay, so..what the hey! I’m an auto field/manual throw player so I thought I’d have to submit a bug report.

But like Forrest Gump said....”Just like that”....(after a few games) I stopped seeing it.

I play straight default sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »