Home

What is Up With All the Erros?

This is a discussion on What is Up With All the Erros? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2021, 02:33 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: What is Up With All the Erros?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
Do you see a lot of bobbles and mis plays from fielders with no errors being scored by the game though? That's what I've found happens by raising fielding errors. For example, last night bottom 12th I had a man on 1st. I rope a ball kinda in the gap. CF reaches to cut off the ball and it rolls past his out stretched glove and I score the walk off run to win it.

I personally enjoy seeing those plays that do lead to extra bases or an IF base hit sometimes. But do wish the game scored errors a lot better. Especially in the OF cause I'm with ya. To me that was a single and then error on the CF. Fielding errors are way low in the game compared to real life. Maybe that's why the game has so many IF throwing errors to compensate?

OF throw errors are 100% pointless in the game IMO cause they never cause anything extra, therefore errors are never scored. Just looks dumb IMO to see outfielders toss wild ones past the cut off man 3-5 times a game, and hear the announcer go "oh and that one gets away, but the runner will hold at 1st base."
I've not really seen that. I have seen players advance on bad OF throws. The Brewers 2 error play I had mentioned was one where the DP throw from 1st went into OF. My runner on 1st took 3rd on that throw, then the throw in was rushed and off target and missed the cutoff man and allowed my guy to advance from 3rd and score. By the end of the play I had a guy on 3rd who had hit into a fielder's choice and advanced to 3rd after 2 errors as well as the run that scored from 1st on grounder to the 1st baseman.

I do see bobbles and misplays, but they seemingly always get scored an error when an extra base is taken. Case in point, I hit a grounder hard up the middle to CF. The CF has it go under his glove and he runs by the ball. I send Acuna to 2nd and it was ruled a single and an error allowing him to advance to 2nd.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 06-17-2021, 03:19 PM   #18
Rookie

Seancefc's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What is Up With All the Erros?

One thing I have noticed following errors at 1B, is that runners will advance to 2B when they have no business doing so.

I have running on auto because I just can’t be bothered with the hassle of doing it myself, so have fell victim to this as well as getting outs against the CPU.

Situation: Where the first baseman misses the pick and drops it, instead of the runner taking first and being happy with it, they try for second! The three occasions I’ve seen this, the runner was 45ft short of being safe!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »