Home

MLB The Show 21 Patch #9 Available Today - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Patch #9 Available Today - Patch Notes within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2021, 01:27 PM   #25
Rookie

Iron's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Patch 1.09 Incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown
And no night games with created stadium for sure but still no rainy, cloudy or outcast as well.

Either it’s too complicated to fix, or it’s functioning as designed, which would be ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2021, 01:46 PM   #26
Rookie

smokines3's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Thankfully no changes to gameplay. Been having a blast online and offline this year.

Same here. I derive more enjoyment from playing this years version on next gen than any other I can remember.
Old 06-19-2021, 01:47 PM   #27
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron
Either it’s too complicated to fix, or it’s functioning as designed, which would be ridiculous.

Yes maybe. Or just released too early an unfinished product.
Old 06-19-2021, 02:09 PM   #28
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

I do think that in hindsight, create a stadium was released about 1 year too early. It was probably about 4 months too early but they probably wanted to release it with the Xbox. With the pandemic, the release to Xbox, the next gen consoles all in the same year on top of create a stadium. And who knows how many times they had to pause with the pandemic.

Not making any excuses for them. They should/could have been more transparent.

Hopefully the next patch will be the schedule and night games.
Old 06-19-2021, 02:25 PM   #29
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron

I would say its both.

It is functioning as designed at launch (day games only) but that its a complicated "fix" to include night games.

Its not as simple as making the sky dark and having the lights "turn on", there is transitioning of time/sky for day to dusk to dark, that will provide various shadows. And given that there is x amount of objects that can be placed in x amount of spots within a created stadium, ensuring that shadows cast look "realistic" as well as don't produce wonky sights/views, can't be an easy/simple undertaking.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-19-2021, 02:29 PM   #30
Pro

IndianSummer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
Not making any excuses for them. They should/could have been more transparent.
Their transparency record got seriously damaged when they secretly removed Season mode back in 18.
I don’t expect that to get any better.
Old 06-19-2021, 02:33 PM   #31
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LADodgerMan
Horrendous!!! This is the fix I have been waiting for. They truly dropped the ball this year.
I think it’s safe to say at this point that this issue will not be fixed this year. I’ll be trading the game in the next time I’m at game stop. I feel like they tried to do too much this year by trying to introduce the game on Xbox, trying to introduce create a stadium, and trying to make the game both for current and next gen systems. This years game has suffered from way more problems with than previous versions.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2021, 02:46 PM   #32
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Its not as simple as making the sky dark and having the lights "turn on", there is transitioning of time/sky for day to dusk to dark, that will provide various shadows. And given that there is x amount of objects that can be placed in x amount of spots within a created stadium, ensuring that shadows cast look "realistic" as well as don't produce wonky sights/views, can't be an easy/simple undertaking.

They might have just 2 choices. 1) current day games as is. 2) night games that begin in complete darkness with no transition. That said stadium light comes from the light towers. I guess light could be assigned for each light tower we put into a created stadium, but with the different locations of these towers might be tough. Now. if they can just somehow ‘super impose’ artificial light into night games, but how difficult is that? Look, people bit%hed and moaned about this. SDS produced a wonderful stadium creator. That alone tells me they are working on it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »