Home

Ballplayer position/archetype changes

This is a discussion on Ballplayer position/archetype changes within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2021, 08:31 PM   #1
Rookie

mattm7x's Arena

OVR: 0
Ballplayer position/archetype changes

I have maxed out my Ballplayer with Hawk at SS. I want to use him in DD but as an outfielder. I can’t figure out how to get his position to change in DD. I started a new RTTS as an outfielder and played a month worth of games. Thinking that would get his position to switch, but anytime I put my player into my DD Squad he’s only a short stop. What am I missing here? Thanks in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2021, 10:50 PM   #2
Rookie

ExarKub00720's Arena

Re: Ballplayer position/archetype changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattm7x
I have maxed out my Ballplayer with Hawk at SS. I want to use him in DD but as an outfielder. I can’t figure out how to get his position to change in DD. I started a new RTTS as an outfielder and played a month worth of games. Thinking that would get his position to switch, but anytime I put my player into my DD Squad he’s only a short stop. What am I missing here? Thanks in advance
In order to use your archetype in DD at another position, first put them in the position the game defaults them to. In your case SS, then click square/x depending on console and it will let you move them to a secondary position. Now once you make the move remember to change the position you moved, which now has an outfielder in SS to someone else who can play SS.
Old 06-19-2021, 09:43 AM   #3
Rookie

mattm7x's Arena

Re: Ballplayer position/archetype changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExarKub00720
In order to use your archetype in DD at another position, first put them in the position the game defaults them to. In your case SS, then click square/x depending on console and it will let you move them to a secondary position. Now once you make the move remember to change the position you moved, which now has an outfielder in SS to someone else who can play SS.
Thank you! I’ll give it a shot!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »