Home

SP to RP position change - Franchise

This is a discussion on SP to RP position change - Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2021, 07:24 PM   #1
Rookie

Duff2's Arena

OVR: 0

What approach do you guys take when editing a pitchers position change? I can't find the old thread where other OPs posted their strategies on adjusting stamina and other ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2021, 07:37 PM   #2
Rookie

Ace2734's Arena

If you change a player’s position from SP to RP, their rating will drop considerably. At least multiple points. I do this all the time and when I do I bump pitching ratings - while decreasing stamina.

If they move back to SP, I’ll go the other direction. (While always factoring in regression/progression)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-2021, 07:59 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: SP to RP position change - Franchise

I leave everything alone and let the CPU handle it. I never change a players position or attribute points.
Old 06-22-2021, 09:34 AM   #4
Rookie

I drop Stamina 10 points, and raise the other attributes not tied to individual pitches 5 points each.

I do it across the entire league during Spring Training. Whatever teams have over 20 starters, I move however many starters to relievers to get them to 20, and focus on the starters that are already lower in stamina.
Old 06-22-2021, 12:42 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

SP to RP:
every game they pitch (but not as a starter) I reduce stamina by 4 until they are at half what they were when they were a starter
(so a SP w/99 stamina will end up w/47 stamina & a SP w/66 stamina will end up w/29 stamina - I don't change other attributes, FBOW)

RP to SP:
I do the reverse until he has doubled his stamina,
but I go up by 3 instead of 4 (so a RP w/20 stamina will end up w/41 stamina
[obviously not a viable candidate to be a starter - need to have a mininum of 28 to be anywhere near a starting pitcher]
& a RP w/33 stamina will end up w/66 stamina. I'd need a reliever w/40 stamina to have good starting stamina)

IMO it should be more difficult to build stamina and easier to convert down to a reliever

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2021, 05:51 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

Idk that I woild reduce stamina at all.
Michael Fulmer is the Tigers closer right now. He also started games this season. And could in the future.

John Smoltz is another example of why not to lower stamina. He was a starter for the Braves, then a closer for 2 or 3 years, then a starter again.
Old 06-22-2021, 06:22 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
Idk that I woild reduce stamina at all.
Michael Fulmer is the Tigers closer right now. He also started games this season. And could in the future.

John Smoltz is another example of why not to lower stamina. He was a starter for the Braves, then a closer for 2 or 3 years, then a starter again.
the reason I do it is I want to make sure I'm held accountable to not abusing his high stamina, intentionally or subconsciously lol
and if I want to change back to starting, there's a process for that too

A Work in Progress
Old 08-01-2021, 07:12 PM   #8
Rookie

Duff2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
SP to RP:
every game they pitch (but not as a starter) I reduce stamina by 4 until they are at half what they were when they were a starter
(so a SP w/99 stamina will end up w/47 stamina & a SP w/66 stamina will end up w/29 stamina - I don't change other attributes, FBOW)

RP to SP:
I do the reverse until he has doubled his stamina,
but I go up by 3 instead of 4 (so a RP w/20 stamina will end up w/41 stamina
[obviously not a viable candidate to be a starter - need to have a mininum of 28 to be anywhere near a starting pitcher]
& a RP w/33 stamina will end up w/66 stamina. I'd need a reliever w/40 stamina to have good starting stamina)

IMO it should be more difficult to build stamina and easier to convert down to a reliever
I like this method. Thanks. I plan to use this with Whitlock on Boston. He was originally a SP but is currently a RP. The Sox plan to have him revert back to a starter next year. I want to follow suit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »