Home

Game crashing for others in franchise mode?

This is a discussion on Game crashing for others in franchise mode? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2021, 10:30 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Game crashing for others in franchise mode?

It has happened 4 times recently. Each time during the animation for a relief pitcher entering the game.

I've never had the show crash until now. Using ps5 and sent the video to the developers each time.
Old 05-30-2021, 07:11 AM   #2
Rookie

shawn306's Arena

Re: Game crashing for others in franchise mode?

Yes happened to me 3 times in one game. Same situation.
Old 05-30-2021, 09:16 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4

Yes, MOM when your reliever is entering, the game crashes very frequently! Glad it is not just me as I have lost a ton of games this way and thought I had a faulty PS5. My "fix" has been to save it in-game frequently when i get two outs the inning prior to bringing in the reliever. It works but is frustrating. PLEASE fix this

I have only seen this in MOM. I run the rest of the season CPU vs CPU and it does not do it. I believe it is only in MOM mode

Last edited by tgreer; 05-30-2021 at 09:19 AM.
Old 05-30-2021, 09:42 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgreer
Yes, MOM when your reliever is entering, the game crashes very frequently! Glad it is not just me as I have lost a ton of games this way and thought I had a faulty PS5. My "fix" has been to save it in-game frequently when i get two outs the inning prior to bringing in the reliever. It works but is frustrating. PLEASE fix this

I have only seen this in MOM. I run the rest of the season CPU vs CPU and it does not do it. I believe it is only in MOM mode
That's me - MOM. Maybe in the next patch we will see a fix. I just submitted a bug report. Thanks for the replies - now I know it isn't just my machine. Can you save without exiting the game?

Last edited by tessl; 05-30-2021 at 10:32 PM.
Old 05-31-2021, 11:25 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

No you will have to exit each time and then load it right back up. Definitely a nuisance but load times are good this year. It has only happened when I am the one making the pitching change so I always save it when I get two outs when my team is batting the inning before or if there is a key play (scoring change etc)

Really hope they fix this soon. My games take 2 hours as is and I don't like the fear of getting booted
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2021, 01:24 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
No you will have to exit each time and then load it right back up. Definitely a nuisance but load times are good this year. It has only happened when I am the one making the pitching change so I always save it when I get two outs when my team is batting the inning before or if there is a key play (scoring change etc)

Really hope they fix this soon. My games take 2 hours as is and I don't like the fear of getting booted
I've only seen it when I change pitchers also.

You can speed up the games by using fast play and changing the countdown clock to zero. Takes about an hour a game if you do that.

Maybe they will patch this but if it is only happening in manage mode it could be on the back burner.
Old 05-31-2021, 03:23 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

I'm having the same problem...and playing on Xbox-S
Old 05-31-2021, 10:51 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullpen45
I'm having the same problem...and playing on Xbox-S
I would recommend going to the official site and filing a bug report. The more of us who do it the better our chances of getting it fixed in an upcoming patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »