Home

post trade deadline rosters

This is a discussion on post trade deadline rosters within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-03-2021, 12:05 PM   #9
Indians Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: post trade deadline rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMVian
Really appreciate of the 2021 MLB draft being included, but if you use these post-deadline rosters for franchise, won't there be an issue with the Franchise having a draft?

Seems minor team may be too stacked.
So you will still draft players then have them added at year 2.

Yes, with the minors already being stacked in the FM roster with high potential prospects even before they added the draft picks this year, it will add to the inflated potentials that are in the roster and in the minors. For those that play 1 season then move to the next game, it is less of an issue.

But also increasing the number of high potential prospects makes trading in the game even easier for those that play only 1 season.

For those of us that sim into future seasons or want one franchise long term and make it multiple seasons in, it makes the roster inflated with high overalls 3-5 years down the road. This interferes with trading, budgets, and players regressing because good players are left in free agency.

This isn't a specific roster problem as this stuff is the game itself, but the higher amount of high potential prospects doesn't help.

Currently Playing:
MLB The Show 20
NBA 2k22
Red Dead Redemption 2 Playthrough #3 and Red Dead Online
Stardew Valley

Twitch
Old 08-04-2021, 02:06 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
So you will still draft players then have them added at year 2.

Yes, with the minors already being stacked in the FM roster with high potential prospects even before they added the draft picks this year, it will add to the inflated potentials that are in the roster and in the minors. For those that play 1 season then move to the next game, it is less of an issue.

But also increasing the number of high potential prospects makes trading in the game even easier for those that play only 1 season.

For those of us that sim into future seasons or want one franchise long term and make it multiple seasons in, it makes the roster inflated with high overalls 3-5 years down the road. This interferes with trading, budgets, and players regressing because good players are left in free agency.

This isn't a specific roster problem as this stuff is the game itself, but the higher amount of high potential prospects doesn't help.
The Ridin' rosters feel a bit inflated on potentials, but they're so good I stick with them.

Is there a way to delete players? If not, I think it's only 60 something draftees. I'm going to go through and drop all their potentials down and other stats. Basically make them minor league filler.
Old 08-05-2021, 10:13 AM   #11
Rookie

Is there any way to get the rosters post trade deadline into an on going dynasty? Iíd like to update them, but I canít even figure out how to do it manually, like make trades between two teams that Iím not controlling. It only gives me the option to trade as the team Iím using (Oakland) like I canít make trades between the Yankees and Cubs. Is there a way to do that or am I stuck with current rosters?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2021, 10:39 AM   #12
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilczynskiB
Is there any way to get the rosters post trade deadline into an on going dynasty? Iíd like to update them, but I canít even figure out how to do it manually, like make trades between two teams that Iím not controlling. It only gives me the option to trade as the team Iím using (Oakland) like I canít make trades between the Yankees and Cubs. Is there a way to do that or am I stuck with current rosters?
You'd need to start over. Only way you can trade between two non-user teams is to set up 30 team control, which I think you have to do when you set up your franchise.
Old 08-05-2021, 11:48 AM   #13
Indians Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMVian
The Ridin' rosters feel a bit inflated on potentials, but they're so good I stick with them.

Is there a way to delete players? If not, I think it's only 60 something draftees. I'm going to go through and drop all their potentials down and other stats. Basically make them minor league filler.
You can import players over them. But it is easier just to lower their potential/other attributes.

I think the FM roster is a good base. They do great work in creating players, faces, etc and trying to make the game better.

But I think an area for growth is lowering the potentials as they sit on the higher end and impact franchise long term. But that is easy editing, so it is not a major issue. I understand why they don't lower potentials. Most play 1 season and done. Few play a few seasons, and even fewer play multiple years down the road, and then I sim into the future then play. Plus they recognize that many want their teams favorite prospects to all be studs.

Honestly I think reigning in potentials can put this roster on the next level. More users are starting to recognize the impact potential has long term which is great for the future of this roster and other rosters.

Currently Playing:
MLB The Show 20
NBA 2k22
Red Dead Redemption 2 Playthrough #3 and Red Dead Online
Stardew Valley

Twitch

Last edited by Funkycorm; 08-05-2021 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-05-2021, 04:12 PM   #14
Rookie

Jayyoungjr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonewallTexan
As a Cubs fan, I refuse to use these latest rostersÖ
I was in the 2021 NLCS with the Cubs when the deadline went down. it was kind of disheartening to keep playing with half a roster that is else where. I thought about starting again with a rebuild but I think I'll keep my current one with Bizarro universe where the Cubs didn't go on that 11 game losing streak in June/July.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »