Home

Presentation

This is a discussion on Presentation within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2021, 10:28 AM   #1
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0
Presentation

I just finished my one year franchise 2021 on the PS5. Made the play offs, got swept by the Brew Crew so just simmed out the rest, Dodgers won the World Series (booooo). There were a lot of bumps with this game along the way as you all know. Enjoyed the stadium creator even with the lack of night games, but there was just something missing.

So, I started a winter league yesterday, but I went back to 2020 (looks great on the PS5 on my Samsung QLED).

I played my first game against the Brew Crew in their stadium. I was stunned.
I cannot believe (had forgotten) the amount of different camera angles in the presentation. The amount of camera angles between pitches, strikeouts, etc., etc. I was actually sort of giddy at how much more I enjoyed 20 as compared to 21. The lighting in the stadium as the sun came further across the field...magnificent, but bottom line the presentation was like....a new game. It's what I thought 2021 was going to be, but isn't. I had just forgotten how well they did this in 20.

Anyway, I'm hoping SDS will concentrate on more camera angles like there is in 2020 for next years game. It just helps to keep it fresh.

Last edited by KnightTemplar; 10-13-2021 at 01:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2021, 04:35 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Presentation

Not exactly presentation related but I would like to see snow flurries and visible breath in cold weather. Pitchers blowing on their hands between pitches. Have announcers talk about the cold weather. Next generation tech surely can handle this?
Old 11-06-2021, 09:46 AM   #3
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
I just finished my one year franchise 2021 on the PS5. Made the play offs, got swept by the Brew Crew so just simmed out the rest, Dodgers won the World Series (booooo). There were a lot of bumps with this game along the way as you all know. Enjoyed the stadium creator even with the lack of night games, but there was just something missing.

So, I started a winter league yesterday, but I went back to 2020 (looks great on the PS5 on my Samsung QLED).

I played my first game against the Brew Crew in their stadium. I was stunned.
I cannot believe (had forgotten) the amount of different camera angles in the presentation. The amount of camera angles between pitches, strikeouts, etc., etc. I was actually sort of giddy at how much more I enjoyed 20 as compared to 21. The lighting in the stadium as the sun came further across the field...magnificent, but bottom line the presentation was like....a new game. It's what I thought 2021 was going to be, but isn't. I had just forgotten how well they did this in 20.

Anyway, I'm hoping SDS will concentrate on more camera angles like there is in 2020 for next years game. It just helps to keep it fresh.
How can you talk presentation when the World Series Program was released? Give me a 99 Adam Duvall any day and I don't care if the game looks like Atari baseball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »