Home

MLB The Show 22: 11 Features to Improve Stadium Creator

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 22: 11 Features to Improve Stadium Creator within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2021, 11:02 AM   #9
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 22: 11 Features to Improve Stadium Creator

Not sure if it was mentioned in the video but more than 30 slots is a must
Old 12-05-2021, 02:10 PM   #10
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I didn't play the PS5 version of this game so I can't state whether or not one of my major wishes is possible. I'm glad the video addresses night games, bullpens, seat colors, and wall graphics (distances, don't remember if they mentioned ads?). There are two other things missing, however. Things that every MLB stadium essentially have: outfield lawns and concourses.

I understand the latter may be more difficult to work out in tandem with the layout of the park, but it is the way that the stands connect in the stadiums. Then lawns, bullpens, and varied section heights separate different parts of stands in the park. Those are the things that are preventing the modern park look.

It would also be nice to have more and more variations of city backdrops, or be able to reorient the direction around that city that your park is facing. Heck, sinking your stadium several feet into the ground so the lower boxes have concourses at street level would also be enticing. Not sure we can expect things like this, though.

Case in point, they have a long way to go still, they've already set their improvement choices for this year, and I genuinely hope they continue to work on this feature more and more without abandoning it. I know people like to go for extreme ballpark looks, but I'm a fan of making modern looking ballparks, and I hope they continue pushing towards that however possible.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-06-2021, 05:18 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by indcolts18288
They need to stop messing around with stadium creator and fix those hideous character models and uniforms.

Correct

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2021, 02:37 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by indcolts18288
They need to stop messing around with stadium creator and fix those hideous character models and uniforms.
Not buying another version of this game until this is done.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2021, 04:40 PM   #13
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Is there any chance they would end up supplying random fictional stadiums to choose from (similar to madden but hopefully better) so you dont have to create a stadium if you want to rebrand a team?
Old 12-06-2021, 05:22 PM   #14
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
Is there any chance they would end up supplying random fictional stadiums to choose from (similar to madden but hopefully better) so you dont have to create a stadium if you want to rebrand a team?
They did last year. You can even build off that as a template for a custom stadium of your own.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-06-2021, 05:24 PM   #15
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Oh okay cool. I'm still on PS4 so I didn't know. Man I need a PS5....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
They did last year. You can even build off that as a template for a custom stadium of your own.
Sent from my thoughts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2021, 01:06 AM   #16
MVP

Scooter3's Arena

OVR: 15

Give us The Choice of 30 stadiums or 15 stadiums if we choose 15 stadiums theoretically we could have twice the power for each stadium.

Offer us Long individual stadium poles.
I don't remember seeing any birds flying around on my created stadiums.
I would like to see the flags blowing in the wind.
I'd like to find a advertisement on the Internet and transfer it to the game fences.
The old style scoreboards look great hope to be able to incorporate them to the fence so that when the ball hits the scoreboard it could be a double or a triple and you would have to hit the ball over the scoreboard for a home run.
Would enjoy having control of dozens of cars so I can place them Individually.
Also it would be pretty cool if we could choose established rural areas of different types maybe cities and towns that are already used in the classic parks offered.
Have people walking around on the streets. Maybe some kids playing stick ball.
A milkman a mail man. I loved creating Ebbets Field would love choices of fans dressed for different eras.
Would appreciate the announcer mentioning the word Ebbets Field and the Brooklyn Dodgers right now they'll say Brooklyn but I think it'd be really cool if they would say Brooklyn Dodgers or Milwaukee Braves or Kansas City Athletics or the Cincinnati Redlegs etc.
Loved having the ability to create Stadiums.
It's too hard to go through thousands of stadiums many of which are just downloaded and Uploaded in somebody else's name somehow this process should be simplified.
Looking forward seeing what what you guyscome up with 2022.

Please add "Redlegs" to announce team names

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Mark Twain:
" Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

U.S. Army Veteran

Last edited by Scooter3; 12-28-2021 at 05:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »